Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Goods and Excise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a scenario as

My client gives some free goods as free items in order. But these free items are excisable....so how do configure this scenario.

Where for customer it is free goods, but for company point of view, company has to pay the excise duty to authorities.

Kindly guide on the same.

Thanks in advance

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

You can do like this,

1.You can define different pricing procedure for the FREE goods.(T.code V/08)

->In the Free goods pricing procedure you maintain Excise related condition types(T.code V/06)

-->You maintain R100 condition type for 100% discount after the total value.(T.code V/08).

-->Maintain seperate Account key for R100-Condition type, also assign same account key to the Price condition type (in Free goods pricing procedure only)

Maintain same account key for the Price condition type and R100 - condition type.(T.code V/08)

2.You define Different sales document type for FREE goods processing. (T.code VOV8)

-->You assign document pricing procedure C-Free of charge to this sales document.(T.code VOV8)

3.You determine the Free goods pricing procedure in OVKK transaction for this combination.

Sales areaFree goods Document pricing procedure(i.e C)Customer pricing procedure--->free goods pricing procedure.

4.When you do the Free goods process customer account should not get effet to avoid this ,you ask FI people to create seperate G/L account to post the Free Goods process values.

In VKOA transaction you assign free goods G/L account for R100 -->Condition type account key with other key fields(same G/L account For sales revenue and 100% discount).

Maintain the Condition record for R100 condition type with 100% in VK11 transaction

Now when you create Free goods sales order system will pick the Free Goods pricing procedure in that pricing Excise values and Price will come but Total value will zero due to 100% discount.

When you release to accounting

Excise values will posted to the respective G/L accounts.

Price and 100% discount will posted to the respective Free goods G/L account.

Note:- Make sure that you have done the CIN configuration settings regarding Excise duty.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks murli