cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system refresh backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing System Refresh, could you please suggest me how can I take the backup of printers, RFCu2019s and Logical systems

Previously I used to note RFCu2019s but in this Landscape we have many RFC, printers and logical systems are different from production

Could please suggest me how can I take the backup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Transport all spool Devices from Tx-code SPAD but need to re-configure at the target level.

1. Go to SPAD --> Select Configuration --> Output Devices

2. In the list of Out put Devices screen select "Edit" --> Transport --> Transport all

It will display a pop-up window "Device definitions must be processed later in the target system". you can proceed but below procedure has to performed in the target system.

Procedure

In the target system, you must adapt the spool servers for each device transported. This is because the system name is used in the instance names and it differs in the target system from the name of the current system. Logical instance names are an exception; they are defined identically in both systems.

When selecting the new spool servers, ensure the host spool device names configured on the respective host are valid (access method L).

If you are using destination hosts (access method U or S), you must ensure that they can be accessed by the new host. Otherwise the configured device cannot be activated. If the host name of the destination host is defined differently here, you must also adapt the entry in the device definition.

Note: To assign a new spool server, choose menu options "Utilities" -> "For output devices" -> "Assign server".

I am not sure about the other two if found any, i will definetly share.

--Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Procedure for taking backup of RFC's

Create an export control file named 'export_rfc' with following content:

Export

client = <XXX>

file = 'rfc.dmp'

delete from rfcattrib;

select * from rfcattrib;

delete from rfccheck;