cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Install Error: CJS-00030 Assertion failed:Component OraDatabaseTablespa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am installing SAP ECC 6.0 IDES central system on RHEL4 x86_64 bit with Oracle 10g.

Oracle db installation and create database steps have completed successfully. It is now on "Create/Check Tablespaces" of SAP installation and came across an error.

Below, please see the last few lines of sapinst.log showing the error message.

-

INFO 2008-12-24 13:20:18

Account oram1s already exists.

INFO 2008-12-24 13:20:18

Account dba already exists.

ERROR 2008-12-24 13:20:18

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: Component OraDatabaseTablespaces2: Context parameter templateDirectory is not valid. The follo

wing files are missing: TABLESPACES.XML

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

FCO-00011 The step checkStepPreconditions with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|

1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBCheck|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBMain|

ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBStd|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|NW_OraTablespace2|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|checkStepPreconditions was execut

ed with status ERROR .

-

Can anyone please guide or help me resolve this issue?

Appreciate your help!

thanks,

Dhimant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

C1060644
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Your message it's so old.

Doesn't matter, I got the same issue when I have tried to install a unicode SAP Netweaver 7 Ehp 2 ABAP stack on Aix 5.3 TL10 with oracle 10.2.

It's seems that the issue trigger by ulimits parameters for oracle user ora<sid>.

The error message I got was:

OraDataFileCreateParams.checkParams: dataFileParams.sapdataDir is not

convertible to a positive integer and does not match

/^\sSAPDATA(\d+)\s$/gi.

ERROR 2011-03-01 19:40:25.97 [iaxxinscbk.cpp:244]

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: Component OraDbBuild: Context parameter

tDataFileInfo, row[13] does not describe valid data file parameters.

To fix this issue, You should have a look in the file /etc/security/limits, you must have for oracle user ora<sid> the definition below:

[...]

ora<sid>:

fsize = -1

data = -1

stack = -1

fsize_hard = -1

cpu_hard = -1

data_hard = -1

stack_hard = -1

core_hard = 2097151

[...]

If not, update the file. Then logout, after that login and restart your installation process.

I hope this makes sense and gives the information to any body who is facing on the same error message.

R. WAMBO

Edited by: rwambo on Mar 11, 2011 6:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

-deleted

Edited by: Jon Yew Wan on Dec 31, 2010 5:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

thanks for your quick response. However, I am curious to know what could be the problem. Please let me describe briefly what I have done so far.

- Started with ./sapinst and went thru choose service, define parameters, check parameters steps

- It prompted me to enter SolMan key, done.

- It stoped here and prompted me to login as oram1s and start Oracle installation by executing /oracle/stage/102_64/database/SAP/RUNINSTALLER. done.

- After completion of Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 installation, ran orainstRoot.sh and root.sh as root. done.

- SAP install manual suggests to apply Oracle patch set. Since I had downloaded 51031811 Oracle patch dvd from market place, I executed /sapsoftware/extract/51031811/DVD_ORACLE_10.2.0.2_Patches_LINUX/LINUX_X86_64/Disk1/runInstaller. It completed successfully so assume it applied Oracle 10g R2 patch set 1.

- Now, I went back to sapinstall session and continued from there on.

- It went thru a couple phases and "create database" and then came across this issue in "Create/Check tablespaces"

NOTE: I came across few other issues in between so followed proper resolution for those and moved on.

Have I missed something or done a mistake somewhere?

As always, appreciate your help!

thanks,

Dhimant

-

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/DVD_ORACLE_10.2.0.2_Patches_LINUX/LINUX_X86_64/Disk1/runInstaller. It completed successfully so assume it applied Oracle 10g R2 patch set 1.

Ok.

You should also install all 50+ patches from

Note 871096 - Oracle Database 10g: Patch sets/patches for 10.2.0

There are a few important ones will can corrupt blocks in case you do not apply them.

I wonder about the error message

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: Component OraDatabaseTablespaces2: Context parameter templateDirectory > is not valid. The following files are missing: TABLESPACES.XML

It seems that your database export doesn´t contain that file (under DB/ORA subdirectory).

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you installed Oracle first then this is wrong. Also you should not create a database.

I suggest you start from scratch and read the installation guides, they will tell you start with sapinst an proceed until sapinst stops an tells you to install the database software. You also must not use the standard "runInstaller" but the script RUNINSTALLER (in capitals) in the SAP subdirectory of the staging area, where sapinst unpacked the software.

Markus