cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail output type is Processed but No E-mail generated in the E-Mail queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have configured a new output type which sends customer invoices via E-mail. While testing i noticed that if the E-mail field is left blank, it still process the Output Type with Green and updates the Table NAST. But when i check the E-mail queue in Transaction SOST, i don't see any E-mail there. I almost seems like it just goes to some La la land..:). I am looking to find out if there is any way to trace these e-mails. They must be getting stored somewhere.

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Happy Holidays.

Irfan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi irfan

Check the transmission medium and also check wheather you have maintained the E-mail address in the CMR or not because once you send the output it has to pick the e-mail address of the customer .so check in CMR also wheather it has been maintained or not

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Thanks for responding. The Transmission medium is setup correctly for E-mail. That is why i am able to generate the e-mails for both Valid /invalid e-mail addresses. The problem is only when the E-mail field in the customer Master is not populated. in that canse the Output type is processed but there is no e-mail to be found in the SOST E-mail queue.

I am not sure what CMR is? so please clarify if you can.

Once again, Thank you so much for taking the time and responding to my question.

Best Regards,

Irfan

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan

CMR is Customer Master record , because we need to maintain the e-mail address in the customer master record (CMR) and that CMR e-mail address only it has to pick when you are sending the e-mail output to the customer

If you have maintained the condition record then Check in the condition record , VV12 wheather the partner function is SP (sold to party) or some other partner function is coming .Also check in t.code SOST E-mail queue which partner function is coming . Because If partner function is not coming then there is a chance of sending a E-mail to a dummy E-mail address also .

Kindly check the configuration you have done again. and also integrate with the ABAP'er so that he will let you know the problem

Regards

Srinath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

last reaction was before 2 month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your Communication strategy first, Check after e-mail which option is available for output such as Print or fax. So in such cases if e-mail id is not found in CMR then next available option(print or fax) will opted and processed.

or If you want to generated some error message or some other control on output if e-mail id is not maintain then better go to T Code VOFM and write a routine to control output type if e-mail id is not populated in CMR. And assign this routine to output type.