cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra space in Web Dynpro popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is an issue with Web Dynpro Popup.

1. User press one button which leads to popup window

2. User does some thing which leads to the error

3. Error shows up at the top of popup i.e. Message area. for error message we have used the if_wd_message_manager

4. Error guides user to do right thing, hence user successfully execute action

but once the error shows up, it pust the extra space (Wd error area) in the popup.

It would be nice that after error message popup can ignore the extra space and again comes into original shape.

I didn't find any way by which we can avoid extra space so that popup comes only in the required area. Once the error gone we can remove the extra space.

Please help!!!!

Thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

question

jennie_chen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Please try to call VIEW->RESET_VIEW( ) in the WDDOMODIFYVIEW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message area comes on its own. I haven't put the message area on popup view/window. So i am expecting that as it comes automatically it should go invisible on its own.

All my UI elements are in defuatl transparentuicontainer i.e. RootContainerUIelement

thanks,

Rahul

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

there is a ui element message area you can add it to your popup.... in rootui add a transparent container and add a message area... no coding required in message area you just have to put it in ui list where you want to show message.... you can try my above post thn.......

regards

pranav

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi rahul,

i think you can try to give message area in a transparent container and thn you can hide it after the error message is gone........ not sure if this will work even i cant try it as i dont have appropiate machine.... but try once... if it wont work we'll look for something else.....

regards

pranav