cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the process of implementing the languages, can we implment language with DDIC user with 000 client and i have to imnplement nearly 12 languages, can i implment all at a time.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just as additional info: Do not use DDIC to do imports in client 000. Copy that user to a different one.

You can import them in parallel.

- start SE38

- execute RSCPINST

- add the language

- activate

- start transaction SMLT

- add the language and substitution langauge

- import the language package

- add language specific parts of the support package you have installed

- substitute the languages

- refill production clients

Make sure you have enough background processes to import them in parallel.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus, Just always a question at back of my mind, for the installation of the support packages we use 000 client and DDIC user, but for the Language implmentation we use 000 client and different user, why it is so.

Generally the default languages that come with the installation is English and German.

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks Markus, Just always a question at back of my mind, for the installation of the support packages we use 000 client and DDIC user,

One should not use DDIC or SAP* to import support packages an AddOns.

See e. g. "Note 1228898 - Installation/delta upgrade of ST-PI 2008_1" - just as example - all notes have that remark:

<...>

3. Performing the installation/delta upgrade

Log on to your SAP System in client 000 as a user with SAP_ALL rights. Do NOT use the users SAP* or DDIC.

<...>

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already implemneted support packages using DDIC user, with that have any effects.

Here substituting the languages means supplementing the language with english.

Regd the refill what is the procedure.

Thanks,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have already implemneted support packages using DDIC user, with that have any effects.

No - you´ve been luck it worked.

Here substituting the languages means supplementing the language with english.

OK.

Regd the refill what is the procedure.

Check "Language - Special Actions - client maintenance" in transaction SMLT.

Marus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again. In the supplementation of languauge, which language we should give. I am giving English as the supplemntation of language for the all the languages i am installing and we have German as secondary language.

Is it okay to give english as supplementation language.

thanks

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, it is ok, as long as you find it acceptable to see English text for non-translated stuff. in most cases, it's better to see English than German stuff!

Answers (0)