Did you mean: 

Parameterized Message Mapping in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is:

If the import parameter of type "string" equals constant "Test", 
pass the constant value "Mail1" to the target field, 
else pass the constant value "Mail2" to the target field.

Also I have mentioned the import parameter value in Interface Determination as "Test".

So, "Mail1" should be the output, but in a strange way i'm always getting "Mail2" as the output.

In message mapping test tab, i'm getting the expected output as "Mail1" but when i test it end-to-end, i'm getting "Mail2" as the output.

Does it mean that we cannot use the import parameters for checking any conditon? Or am I doing any silly mistake?

Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by: Geetha Jeyaprakash on Dec 24, 2008 2:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The parameterized mapping import parameter Can be used to transfer values to mapping. Instead of checking test tab of message mapping, check test tab in Operation Mapping. If there is a difference, then there is some problem with your binding in operation mapping.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do NOT need end-to-end test to test the OM. In OM editor, you have the tab Test, in the Test Tab you can test the OM with specifying the input parameter.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where are you giving the condition - which editor? Parameterized mapping is not used for such purpose. Why don't you use some source field value directly for checking the condition?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm giving the condition in Message mapping editor using standard functions.

Actual requirement is to pass a particular mail id to the target field in Development environment and some other mail id in Production environment. As we don't have any particular source field to check the condition, we tried using parameterized mapping for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha,

in OM (operation mapping) you have to bind the OM parameter to MM parameter. In the line you specify inbound message type you have a button "Bind", click on it and bind the OM parameter with the MM parameter. Then it will work properly.

Jayson