cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing context data back to Java Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created Java Webdynpro's with Adobe Interactive Forms in them. I use ActiveX not Native. Yesterday passing data from the AIF to Webdynpro for Java was working like this (it didn't work in Native mode) today it doesn't. Neither does pressing any buttons. I'm not sure what has been installed on my system, it could be Adobe Read 9.0. Now creating the forms using the livecycle designer in de Netweaver developer studio is also very unstable (unworkable)

My main question is: how can I pass the data from the interactive form to webdynpro for java (without using the submit button, as I want to have such buttons on my webdynpro and not in my forms.)

Jeschael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeschael,

For storing data/values in WD as you know you create Context elements. When you Edit the form in LiveCycle Designer you have a Data View palette on the right hand side. This is where you will see all the context elements you created for your WD application.

Now drag-drop the context element from Data View palette onto TextField in Adobe form or choose Binding tab from Object palette and select the appropriate contextr element.

There will be a pop-up in that select "Don not update properties" or something like that.

What this does in background is that it creates a Binding between the Adobe Text Field and WD Context element. So whatever data you enter in the Text Field is saved in the context which you can easily read using WD APIs.

Hope that answers your question.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Yes....I am doing that, it just doesn't work anymore.

J

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeschael,

Try creating a new project and repeat the same steps. Do you get error there as well.

Also try setting some context in WD, assign it to a Text Field of Adobe and see if you get the value.

For eg: Let's assume you created a Context called "Name" then set it

wdContext.currentContextElement.setName("Test");

Now try to assign this to Text Field, see if you get the value in Adobe form by writing this code in the initialize event of Text Field in Adobe LiveCycle Designer in JavaSript.

xfa.host.messageBox("Value is :"+TextField1.rawValue);

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I probably did not describe my problem correctly:

- I do get my data in the Adobe Interactive From

- I do NOT get it back into the context. (e.g. When I changed somthing in the Interactive Form, and I read the context.....the old data is still there.

-> Forms that have been deployed on the server display behaviour too. They did work, now they don't.

Jeschael

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeschael,

Take a look at [Note 1279632 - Interactive Forms Data not transferred in offline scenario|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1279632] and see if it helps.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

It's an ABAP programming error.....I'm working in Webdypro for JAVA

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi J,

I am having the same problem like you now. how to solve it? have you find a way? thank you

Joan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try out this sequentially and see if it works for you:

Uninstall any Adobe Reader Version -> Install Adobe Reader 7.0 or 8.1 -> Install the ACF component

Strictly follow the sequnce otherwise it may not work properly.

Cheers

Arafat