cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: map the whole source message into one field in the target.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Is there a way to populate the whole source message into one of the fields in the target message?

I am trying to do this in message mapping. Guide if this could be done in any other way or is there a way to do it in message mapping.

Waiting for your valuable guidance,

Regards,

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this

Regards,

Prateek

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are good with Java, inside the Java mapping a simple function call to toString from the root of the message would convert all the XML to string and you can map it to the target field.

VJ

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I tried to convert the source message into a string using XSLT mapping. It was successful, however i need to have the source message in XML format and not in any other format. This is because, I am mapping the source XML into a field in a WSDL. The webservice requires the entire source message be inside a field called "Request" in the WSDL (it is like XML inside another XML).

Is there any way to do this? Please suggest.. (Im not good at java programming... may be i dont know)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the source of you outbound message? If it's a file, then simply in FCC to define the whole file data as one xml element and easily map it to target xml element.

If outbound message is xml message, then maybe UDF is a easy way. Or in MM, use cancatenate to cancat all xml element into one target xml field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the purpose you have to define your UDF in message mepping.

BR,

Dzmitry