cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Quicksizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

in the quicksizer tool for PI, could you tell me what does correspond the following in the adapters :

- WS-RM ?

- XI-J2EE (jdbc ?)

- Industry speak ?

- 3rd party ?

Also, is the Table 2: Throughput - Non-Central Adapter Engine really necessary ? and what does it stand for ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Kind regards,

Jamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

what I meant is that when you enter a line in the quicksizer, you have choices for inbound and outbound adapters that are the one I mentionned.

I wanted to know their meaning, for example, if I chose 3rdParty, does this correspond to a file-FTP inbound adapter ?

Kind regards,

Jamal

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

File/FTP wont come under third party adapter category. it means adapters like AS2.

Thanks!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sudhir!

and do you know about the two table available :

Table 1: Throughput - Integration Server

and Table 2: Throughput - Non-Central Adapter Engine

What do they stand for ?

Currently I only use the first, but is the second necessary ?

Regards,

Jamal

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jamal, as per my understanding, this depends upon the type of landscape you have.the second table is used only when you have decentral adapter engine installed. and the first table is used when you have normal installation.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

then what will come for File-FTP ?

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this will come under XI J2EE category. All standard XI adapters other then XI,IDoc and HTTP will come under this category.

Thanks!

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this blog will help you out in understanding

Thanks!

Edited by: Sudhir Tiwari on Dec 24, 2008 1:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't get what exactly you are looking for but the adapters (mapping, too) are included in the Sizing of XI within the Quick Sizer at service.sap.com/quicksizing.

About Throughput sizing you must need all the accurate details of hardwares as well.

The Quick Sizer does not offer user sizing for all applications. The Exchange Infrastructure (XI), for example, has no user sizing. As a pass-through engine, it has no dialog load. For this, we provide an initial throughput sizing for SAP XI. and its required for Non-Central Adapter Engine also.

Efficient SAP Hardware Sizing: Quick Sizer

Thanks

Swarup