Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for perticular Characteristic in DMS

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have created one class & two characterisitcs (A & B) assigned to it. Assigned this class to documnet type. For this document type there three statuses , CT (Create0, IW(In work), RE(Release)

Our process is given below.

We create the document in CV01N and attach the scan document. In CV02N, we assign a value to one of the characteristics A and change the status to IW.

Release will be given to another person. In this he will change the document status to RE.

In this case we DO NOT want to have change authorization of for characteristic of A , but he should have authorisation for characteristic B.

Can we have this type of authorization. Have any one given like this & result is OK.

Regards

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai Krishna ,

You tell to your ABAPer to make one authorization object for Characteristic field what u want to use,

and also assign in PFCG.

Rajesh

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u done any where like this.

Can u elaborate it how to do this. Can we create a new authorisation for perticular characteristic. I think we can create for all characterisitcs not for perticular one.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

authorization objects can be created but this is done by technical person, abaper.

Thank You,

Manoj

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding we can't create authorisation for perticular characteristic, either we give authorisation for all characteristics or else none for all.

Pls. confirm.

Regards

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has to be done by ABAP. You get your ABAP guy to create a Z Table to manage this.

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Characteristics you can define authorisation group. u can any no & assign this no. perticular person who want to accordingly in PFCG with authorisation object: C_CABN_GRP.

Regards

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solved the thru authrosation group & assigning that to user.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have similar req for char based auth.I assigned auth grp obj of char to user ID.

This is working but only in CT04.User is denied access for particalar char in ct04 but allowed to make changes in Additional data tab of DMS.

I want access denied or grey field to user for char in additional data tab of DMS.

I raised this in SAP forum.Kindly elaborate your solution to that thread.

Regards

Abhijit A. pachgade