Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF SOURCE INSPECTION HAS NOT DONE THEN SYSTEM SHOULD NOT ALLOW TO DO G.R

former_member1005887
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guys,

I Have a P.O which is having 6 Sheduled delivery line of qty 25 each and vendor is supposed to supply each 25 on consequetive day of the perticular week say 1st week of Jan.

Now I have created the 6 inspection lots of 25 qty and I want system should allow to process the G.R for the qty for which U.D has been done.

Please guide,

Dhanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhanu,

please try using the user exit i have mentioned above. Only that can solve this issues. You can make the validation as required by you. Please get the help of an ABAPer for the same

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhananjayappa,

I am not sure if you have tried this. This is very basic check and I am sure you would have tried this much earlier.Any how I am posting this again.

Maintain a check box in Q-Info Record (Procurement) (at Vendor Source inspection tab, which says Source Inspection - No GR ) for the Material and Vendor Combination.

If you set this indicator, the system does not create any inspection lots at goods receipt for purchase order items that have undergone a source inspection

Please check this and post the result.

Thanks,

Ravi K Misra.

former_member1005887
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

In this way it is working fine. system is not wroking for what not to do.

For eg:

1.System should not allow me to do the G.R if the inspection lot not yet cleared/U.D has not yet been made.

2.In a 6 lot say 2nd one got rejected and G.R for the 1 lot qty has already made, Then system will not allow you to do G.R but when you create 3rd inspection lot and once it is clear you can do G.R for all the qty at this time there no check on qty with inspection lot qty.

3. Even without inspecting the inspection lots created in this purchase order you can do G.R which I don't want system to allow.

Thanks

Dhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhanu,

1.System should not allow me to do the G.R if the inspection lot not yet cleared/U.D has not yet been made.

In the spro --> QM --> QM in Proc --> Define Control Key, define a control key with GR source Inspection Control as " GR for rejection -- GR not allowed & GR control as do not create new inspection lot"

Assign this QM control key in QM view of MM in Procurement Data Area

2.In a 6 lot say 2nd one got rejected and G.R for the 1 lot qty has already made, Then system will not allow you to do G.R but when you create 3rd inspection lot and once it is clear you can do G.R for all the qty at this time there no check on qty with inspection lot qty.

3. Even without inspecting the inspection lots created in this purchase order you can do G.R which I don't want system to allow.

If we select "Source Inspection has no effect on GR" in the above location, this scenario is likely.This is a default setting... I assume.

Suggest, if we are on the write track.

Regards,

Ravi.

former_member1005887
Participant
0 Kudos

I think you have not understood the problem I am facing. Please go through teh form from the begining.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhanu,

I think in standard the controls are not there. Please try using this user exits for the same

QAAT0002 - Control of acceptance lots/goods receipt.

Please let me know your feedbacks

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this problem is created because, you have created 6 source inspection lots for 6 schedules at the same time. What you should have done is that create single source inspection lot for first schedule line, carry out source inspection, make usage decision & post GRN. Then create next source inspection lot for next schedule line & then follow the same process as above.

Now you have following options -

1) Post usage decisions for all inspection lots & post usage decision.

2) Change setting of the control key as to allow GRN even for rejected source inspection lot.

3) Cancel additional 5 inspection lots & post GRN for first inspection lot.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member1005887
Participant
0 Kudos

As you said it is working in +ve way, But the problem is system is allowing to do what I don't what.

I want system should allow to process the G.R for the only qty for which U.D has been done.

For the qty for which U.D has not been done it should allow to process the G.R

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhanu,

Make sure that the batch number you have for source inspection is same while doing the GR. if any change is there in that it wil allow GR. ALso same is the case of Vendor batch. Both should be same for the source inspection and at the time of GR.

PLease revert back with your findings

REgards

Gajesh

former_member1005887
Participant
0 Kudos

I am not using Batch managament at both the side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain the QM Procurement keys in the material master QM view.

The setting for the QM procurement key is as below -

SPRO --> Quality Management --> QM in Logistics --> QM in Procurement --> Define Control Keys --> Select existing control key or select new control key --> Maintain following settings

GR/Source inspection control

GR for Rejection - This indicator is maintained for options if the source inspection lot is rejected. You have following options

L - Create new inspection lot

X - Goods Receipt not allowed

- Source inspection lot has no effect on the goods receipt

You can maintain indicator as per your requirement

GR Control/Batch -

L - Create new inspection lot

- Do not create new inspection lot.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Prashant

former_member1005887
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for the rely,

In the said confugaration part I have maintained as below But still system is not working as expected.

GR/Source inspection control

GR for Rejection - This indicator is maintained for options if the source inspection lot is rejected. You have following options

X - Goods Receipt not allowed

You can maintain indicator as per your requirement

GR Control/Batch -

- Do not create new inspection lot.

Please let me know whatelse I need to do to get the result.

Thanks,

Dhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also had a same problem .Anybody knows please help us.

Thanks and Regards,

Vairavan.P