cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit Button In Web Dynpro Layout not working.

Sarang_Akhare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have integrated an adobe form in my web dynpro application.According to my requirement the view of screen should change when the user clicks on submit button.So I have given the submit button as one of the UI element in my WD object along with the form.But when I click on the submit button the functionality doesnot work.

The same submit button works when there is no adobe form integrated in my WD application.

Please let me know what needs tyo be done so make that submit button work.

Thanks and Regards,

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi is a problem in the script "ContainerFoundation_JS", is in charge of communication between the PDF and WebDynpro.

For some reason the script by defaul not work, let alone if you upgrade to the report "FP_ZCI_UPDATE" or "FP_CHK_REPORT" the solution of this problem is one of the ABAP WebDynpro sample which contains the right script, the WebDynpro component is the "DEMO_ADOBE_OFFLINE", it uses the form "DEMO_ADOBE_OFFLINE" to see the code / layout loguarte the system should form the language of form, this you can see in the Form Properties tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

I am also facing the same issue.Do you have any solution for this.

Sarang_Akhare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for the reply.I carried out the steps that u have given. But when I click on SUBMIT button on my form an ADOBE reader Popup opens with a message : Couldn't post data to".

Can u please help me out how to get rid of this.

I tried putting an external break point on the method which should trigger to change the view but the control from the form doesn't go to this method.

I think something needs on the form side....

Waiting for ur reply,

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

I think the problem is due to native controls. Try running this report "FP_ZCI_UPDATE".

In the selection screen, give your form name and then select the update radio button.

It will add some script in your form that is required for Native controls.

Hope this helps,

Amit

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sarang,

What type of form are you developing,in which technology (ABAP/JAVA) and when you say Submit button means where have you selected that button from?

Have you used the button from WD ActiveX or WD Native library from Adobe LiveCycle Designer?

Chintan

Sarang_Akhare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I am developing ADOBE interactive form in webdynpro ABAP.I have not selected the submit button from adobe live cycle designer as my submit button is not on the form but it is on the layout in Web dynpro.I have embebded my interactive form in the webdynpro layout as one of its elements and the other element is the submit button which when i click should take me to the next view but it is not working.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sarang,

If you want to navigate from View1 to View2 within the same application then you need to create plugs (Inbound & Outbound) and create a navigational link between them.

There is no special button like Submit in Web Dynpro Library as far as I know. There is UI Element as Button and you need to create a corresponding action where you can do whatever you want like calling a BAPI, passing the data, navigating to other view etc.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang

Can you please explain why you did not use the submit button from the lifecycle designer? If you did then in WDA on the interactive form element there is a property called onSubmit which has to call a function module. In this function module you can type in the code to navigate to the other view (Provided that you have the navigation plugs and link as chintan mentioned) OR you can have this code generated for you by clicking on one of the application toolbar icon) in the function module.

Regards

Thashin

Sarang_Akhare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan/Thoshin,

Thanks for the reply.Actually the reason i have not used the submit button from the live cycle designer is that I want to change the view once the user clicks the submit button in order to restrict the him to click the submit button only once.The button for this purpose i used is the same as u told i.e the UI element named 'BUTTON' in WD and "on action submit" I have configured the inbound as well as the outbound plugs and coded accordingly so that the view should change on action submit.....but it doesn't.

Any other application in which there is no ADOBE Form integrated,the same BUTTON works fine and changes the view but it does not work when the ADOBE form is integrated in the WD application.

I want to know what else needs to be done so that this button works when ADOBE form is integrated WD application?

Thanks and Regards,

Sarang.

Edited by: sarang akhare on Dec 25, 2008 3:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang

You can do the same with the submit button from the lifecycle designer. Just place the code to change the view in the onSubmit method for the interactive form UI element. I have done this many times and it works.

Regards

Thashin

Sarang_Akhare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thoshin,

Thanks for the reply.Sorry couldnot respond as I was on leave.If the "SUBMIT" button on the fform itself can be used then it will be fine.Can you please help me out by sending a sample code which has to written so that the view changes as soon as the user clicks on the submit button.

Do you know why the submit button from WD cannot be used in this case....if yes please let me know...

Waiting for ur reply,

Sarang Akhare.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sarang,

Lets go step-by-step.

1. Create two views in your applications lets say the names are View1 and View2.

2. Goto Diagram View of the Window in under Windows node in your Web Dynpro Explorer in NWDS.

3. Create Inbound and Outbound plugs for View1 namely inbView1 and outView1

4. Repeat the same for View2. So names will be inbView2 and outView2.

5. Create a navigational link between the Vies by creating a link from outView1 plug to inView2 plug.

6. Goto Layout tab for the View1. This is where you have embedded the Interactive form element.

7. Set the displayType property to native.

8. Under Events there will be onSubmit method, craete a new method called navigateToView2 and click Go. This will take you where you can implement your logic.

9. Fire the outbound plug of View1. See following code snippet:-

public void onActiong navigateToView2(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent )
  {
    //@@begin onActiongotoView2(ServerEvent)

wdThis.wdFirePlugOutView1();

//@@end
  }

10. Edit the Interactive form, it should open Adove LiveCycle Designer.

11. Drag-drop Submit button from WD Native library ontot the form.

11. Don't modify anything and check if you see below code snippet in the Editor.

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 705.20051114114126.253659.250577 - SubmitToSAP.xfo
                      ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");
                      // END OF DO NOT MODIFY

12. Now whenever you click submit button on the form, what it does is that it makes call to WD framework and the onSubmit action handler is called where you have written the code to navigate to View2.

Chintan