cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender IDoc

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have aquick question on sender IDoc Scenarios.

I have done by WE20 settings in Sender R3 System for a given IDoc.

Also I have done the IDX1 setings in XI system.

The configurations are also done in XI.

So when I trigger thr IDoc from the R3 System, how is it picking the right Receiver Determination, as I dont have any Sender Agreement for this case?

Also, how is the IDX1 Port invoked to load the IDoc metadata from the R3 system at runtime?

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Idoc is received by XI using Idoc adapter. Irrespective of the sender channel, it checks which receiver determination step uses the same Idoc as the outbound Message Interface. Once identified, the corresponding receiver determination step is executed.

In order to convert the Idoc into idoc-xml and vice-versa, the metadata is used. At runtime, idoc adapter makes a call through port and RFC destination to the SAP system to extract the metadata.

Regards,

Prateek

0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for your reply.

If I have two sender systems A and B both sending a IDoc XYZ to XI.

I have two separate receiver determinations.

Now, If I trigger the XYZ IDoc from system A, how will XI know that the IDoc originated from System A and not System B, though the same IDoc is used in two receiver Determinations?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on the control record of system A, the idoc adapter could recognize which system is sending the data. Then as I said earlier, before converting Idoc to Idoc-xml, the adapter will make use of the RFC destination and port (defined in format SAP<SID>) checking the port name as per the control record sender system value. Then the processing is proceeded.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Idoc header contains the details of sender port and sender partner system. So, XI can identify from which system the Idoc is triggered.

Thanks,

Indrani.