Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing item in BIlling- ANY IDEAS?

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai, ALL

i have done packing at delivery level. ( item cat:TAL, not rel for billing)

When i create billing for this delivery. It is throwing an error as"item cat LF TAL cant be invoiced with billing type F2).

actually packing item should not flow to billing.

is there any settings in copy control so that packing material should not copy in billing document.

am using standard delivery-LF & billing doc's-F2, havent changed any copy control settings.

how this packing materila flowing to billing???

any ideas

Edited by: SAP Consultant- on Dec 24, 2008 2:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Consultant,

The itemcategory TAL is related to the Ret.Packag.Shipment

Once again check the Billing Relevance field in the TAL item category detail screen it should be blank

You check the itemcategory group of the packing material in the master data of the packing material.

If it is returnable packaging material it should be LEIH

If it normal packaging material item category should be VERP

Do the itemcategory determination accordingly in VOV4 transaction.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have this same issue.

Standard SAP defines Item Cat LAN as Billing Relevane "A" Delivery-Related Billing.

Sales Orders (OR) containing items with materials of LEIH type have been issued. The sales order only contains this type of material. The items category assigned to all items is LAN.

This is the business process.

The delivery is completed successfully, the stock has been picked and Goods Issued with the correct GL postings.

Unfortunately the delivery document is currently set with the status of "Being Processed" due to the Delivery Related Billing.

When attempting to complete the billing an error message is received;

"Item category TA TAL cannot be invoiced with billing type F2"

I have made the configuration changes to set LAN as "blank" Not Relevant for billing.

But now I have a list of Delivery Documents, that I can not remove from the Billing Due List.

Any ideas of how I can change the delivery documents to remove them from the billing due list.

Please keep in mind I can not completly reverse the documents, as I need the stock to indicate the materials have been issued.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

am also facing the same issue.

can u able to get it,

in my case,

I hope you have read my above post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove the copy control of TAL in your control from LF to F2 and then you wont get the error.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your info,

My main item: FERT - item cat group- NORM Item cat:TAN

Sub item(pack item in deli) - LEIH, item cat group- LEIH item cat:TAL

am using all std doc types (from OR-LF-F2) incl item cat's

still getting this error-

No copy control exist bet, LF-F2 for TAL item cat.

any other suggestions plzz

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why is the concept of Subitem, coming there,

No sales item can be a packaging material. If you have packaging material in sales order, please remove it and then try

If you have done packaging in proper way in delivery (not just adding packaging material as subitem, but go to packing tab and do packing in proper way), then this error will not come.

Please confirm that you are doing transaction in the correct way.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

I have done packing in proper way- only

I have created a sales order- vth FERT material .

created delivery wrt sales order-

When you select line item in delivery n click in Edit-pack, system will prompt with the screen which appears in upper section is for packing items & lower section is for fert materials.

Here we need to choose fert material & enter the qtty in "partialy qtty" filed (expected no.of units to be packed in packing material" & click on "per partial qtty" , so that system search for suitable packing material. then all the fert material will be packed into packing materials.

Once we clik on"F3/back" icon, we will observe that packing material will be displayed as subitem & fert will be in main item.

in picking tab:- we pick both the line items n press "PGI".

now delivery will be saved. To create billing VF01 - enter delivery doc no,

at the stage, system actually shouldnt copy the subitem(packing items ) into billing, where as in my case,system is copying packing items into billing.

I have nt changed either copy control from LF-F2 or TAL std settings in IMG.

Still system copying packing items into billing.

any inputs???

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

let me put my doubt in another way,

Can anyone tell me?

what setting or control stops copying packing item into billing document?

definately it is not "billing relevance" , because billing relevance only indicates whether specific item can ot cant be billed, which doesnt control to copy or not to copy in billing document.

clarify me.

because i have maintained "billing relevance field in item category "- blank.

but still this item copying into billing document, have done testing

can someone through light on this thread?

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have done some progress-

In VF01.

i have entered delivery document , click selection list.

selected "desired line item" & copy

dis way , i can created invoice for the delivery for which i have done packing at delivery.

but, when i try to create billing from VF01,entering delivery document number & choose enter or F8,

am not able to create billing

Error message: Item LF TAL F2 is not relevant for billing .

in Config TAL is maintained as not relevant for billing.

any ideas

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for the time being am closing this thread.

Thankx to all for their support.

NOTE:Question is not yet answered

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is some problem in the question itself.

Are you saying that you have used a Packing material (material type) as the material in sales order. If you have used such material, falling under TAL , then it is not possible to invoice the sales order as TAL is not relevant for billing as per your I.C. configuration.

If you have used some other material, but used TAL type material only for packing the main material, this problem will not come at all. So please check the following.

1. Please ensure that your selling material is a Finished product and not a packaging material

2. In packing in delivery, you used only the packaging material for packing the main material

If these are taken care of, there will not be any issue in invoicing.

If your problem is something else, please let us know