cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load balancing between Dialog application servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I would like to have advice on how to do load balancing is i have two Dialog application servers(App1 & App2) connected to my main PRD (CI) server.

Suppose if i have 100 users, how should i allocate them to particular server, the only way i know is to add the dialog app server details on their logon pad.

Can you please suggest on automatic logon load balancing, say if the load on APP1 increases then user should automatically logon to APP2. Do you think its possible ?

Awaiting your reply...

Regards

Aayush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLease follow the above procedure for logon load balancing

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi markus,

can you send me the link for logon load balancing only for ABAP based system. we dont have JAVA stack.

Regards

Aayush

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the solution:

1. first create the logon group in SMLG by 'create assignment' button

2. if you have Two Dialog Application servers (APP1, APP2) assign both of them to this newly created Logon group.

Generally each logon group should have two servers, if one server is not available, the users are automatically connected to the other server. Servers can be added or removed while the sap system is running.

3. Once the assignment is done, you can set the properties of an Assignment or a Logon Group -> like Ip address of the server, Threshold value for dialog server, numbers of users to be logged on.

4. PC Desktop settings: Now you need to go in the path <b>'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc'</b>

open 'services' file in note pad

Scroll at the both of 'services' file and then add an entry which is like <b>(sapms<SID> 3600/tcp)</b>

The above tcp entry is very impportant wihtout which your logon load balancing wouldnt work.

the above tcp setting has to be done locally on all the client machines.

5. Now create a logon group on the SAP Logon pad of all the client machines, you need to mentione

<b>Description

System ID

Message Server: (IP of the main Production CI Server)

Group/Server: (Logon Group name which you just now created above)</b>

This is the complete procedure of creating Logon Load Balancing across several Dialog App Server

Regards

Aayush

Edited by: Ayush Johri on Jan 15, 2009 10:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define a logon group in transaction SMLG, include each of your app servers in the logon group. In SAPGui you can then get users to connect to the logon group, the message server will then distribute them to which ever server has the lowest load.

You may also want to do the same in RZ12 for RFC connections

Cheers

Daniel