cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we define two business system for a Client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Experts,

We are facing problem regarding the Technical & business system in SLD.

For deploying the readymade .tpz files , we have to define a technical system as ABAP in SLD.

under this Technical system one Business system with specific name to be defined.

But problem is that in Custmor's landscape they have already defined a Technical system & corresponding Business system for a specific client 250.

so while adding the new business system to existing technical system we are facing error:--

Business system is alredy define for this client , choose another client.

as a second option we defined a new technical system and when we try to define the new business system under this it also throw error:-

Client is associated with Logical system name of existing business system.

suggest the solution .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it is not possible for create another business system for the same system with same client, which is already exists in the system.

Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you cant define. The rule is to have 1 Business system per Technical system.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir, I think in XI there is 1:n relationship between Technical sysytem and business system.

Means for a technical system we can define a no. of business system , but only limitation is that for a Specific client we can define a single busines system with a logical system name.

so i am looking for any way around. for my scenerio is to add a another business system to the client which has already defined business system.

suggest if any alternative solution is there.

with thanks.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, it is client specific but I dont think the requirement like 2 business system for same client is possible.

Thanks!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the use of creating new Technical system. You already have one defined in your SLD. There shouldn't be any point in creating new TS for same system.

still, you may try to remove the logical system name from earlier Technical system and then add another technical system.

Regards,

Prateek