cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai guru"s

My scenario: My client taking orders from customers, In delivery level he is doing packing like this 10 pieces =1 Box; 100 Boxes=1 Carton Multi level packing is doing. In delivery level Manually some line items also adding based on party requirement.He needs Manual packing numbers. Give me the suggetions regarding packing.I have to activate packing instructions orderlevel or delevery level or both.

Thank u

Regards

Sree Sree

Edited by: sree sree on Dec 24, 2008 7:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sree,

You can do the manual packing process in the delivery

You create master data for both Box and carton with material type VERP,

Do the configuration settings regarding packing through this IMG path

IMG>Logistics execution>Shipping-->Packing

-->Define Number Ranges for Handling Units

-->Packing Control By Item Category

-->Define Requirements for Packing in the Delivery

-->Define Packaging Material Types (Box and Carton)

-->Define Material Group for Packaging Materials (Box and Carton)

-->Define Allowed Packaging Materials.

Assign the Packing material type Box in the Material (material to be packed) master Basic Data 1 view in the Matl Grp Pack.Matls field under Packing material data.

Assign the Packing material type Carton in the Box Material master Basic Data 1 view in the Matl Grp Pack.Matls field under Packing material data.

Now you create sales then delivery for that material quantity with 1000

In the delivery

After enter in to Packing screen you can find Material ,Partial qty and Total quantity columns under Material to be Packed screen.

here you enter 10 in Partial qty column then click on per part. qty push button now system will ask Should system search for allowed packing material? you select Yes now system will give the packing material Box and Carton you select Box then proceed now system will pack the 1000 qty in to 100 boxes and each will have 10EA.

Again you can pack these 100 boxes, still you can see these 100 boxes under the Material to be packed screen.

Now you enter 100 in Partial qty column then click on per part. qty push button now system will ask Should system search for allowed packing material? you select Yes now system will give the packing materials Box and Carton you select Carton then proceed now system will pack the 100 Boxes in to one Carton each will have 100Boxes.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u Murali

Regards

Sree Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

The configuration procedure that you have give is working well. But i would like to know whether we have any standard configuration where we can maintain that for 10 pieces =1 Box; 100 Boxes=1 Carton. packing should be done based on the quantity, instead of we maintaining the same manually.

Take the scenario as Packing is Mandatory. Can you pls give some configuration steps on Automatic packing also.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sree,

Pls go thru following SAP help link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/16/4bad12a63611d2b44e006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

Regards,

Abhee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

The configuration procedure that you have give is working well. But i would like to know whether we have any standard configuration where we can maintain that for 10 pieces =1 Box; 100 Boxes=1 Carton. packing should be done based on the quantity, instead of we maintaining the same manually.

Take the scenario as Packing is Mandatory. Can you pls give some configuration steps on Automatic packing also.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji.