cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some confusing thing about "isinputelement" attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have some confusing problem about "isinputelement" property of the interface controller's node.

I think if we are to do external mapping,we must make this property to "true" .But I find we can still do cross-component context mapping if the mapped node's property remains "false".And it's ok.But if I make this attribute to "true",and do the external mapping, the GP CO will raise an exception about the mapped node has no mapping node.

So I'm confused.Should we make the "isinputelement" attribute to "true" if we make the external mapping?

Best Regards,

delma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried some exercise and got something:

If the used component is created manually. We must set the external mapping node property "isinputelement" to true.

But If the component is always there. We can remain the value "false". And the value can still be sent.

this is not efficient,but no change in my project.

I modified the help exercise,and got this.

I don't know if this is correct.

Best Regards,

delma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

thank you all for replying my silly question.

I'm still a little confused.

for example,

Comp A and Comp B. I just need one view of Comp B as an interfaceview of ComA,just for display.

and the value is set in ComA's for example, init method.

It seems that I don't need to set the node of the interface controller (ComB)'s property(isinputelement) to true.(just do the comB's interface controller and comA's component controller's mapping) And the value of the node is changed successfully.

Is that right?

Best Regards,

delma

Edited by: delma ma on Dec 24, 2008 8:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u are not mapping anything between the two components you dont need set the isInputElement property.(As in your case, ur jjus navigating to next component.)

If not,u need to set the isInputElement of the childnode(which is used by the parent) only to true.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually I map one of my node and modify it in the CompA.

This is not a navigation,just a viewcontainer in CompA and add the interfaceview to it.

And the value is modified in CompA's init method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we do external context mapping between rwo components, we will not know the mapping origin for the context. by setting the isInputElement property to true,we are defining that mapping will be done but the origin is not known at the moment.

All Mapped nodes isInputElement property must be set true.

Regards,

Satya.

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

please refer this blog for external context mapping

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8881] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've read this blg.

My problem is: I can still do external mapping if the property is set to "false".And it's ok.

If so,all of the context is exposed to others and maybe some problems?

My NWDS is 7.0.12. I don't know whether 7.1 allows to do this.