cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use MS Word available in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am developing a smartform, and in this updated version i have MS Word in it.

The main problem is i am not able to get all the tools to do the required formatting like numbering and indentation. And also when i do this indentation, on saving it gets vanished.

Can anyone please help me out how will get these all tools and how to do this formatting.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to copy and paste the character U+2022(see https://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2000.pdf ) to the MS Word editor.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One advantage of the MS Word Editor over the older graphical editor is that is Unicode enabled and supports multiple languages. This is not the case with the old graphical editor. You cannot e.g. copy and paste Chinese characters to the old graphical editor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as a form developer with over 5 years expierience i´d strongly recommend you NOT to use this MS-Word editor.

It has nothing nifty, or more functionality. It just takes ages to load and even tended to mess up the form completeley (tho i suspect this has been solved by now).

Not everything that is new, is better than it´s predecessor.

0 Kudos

I am trying to add bullet points in text, I tried to use solid circle from sap symbols but it is showing solid circle in Dev when it move to quality system it turns into phone symbol. So don't know how to put bullet points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please try the below.

I18N -> I18N Customizing -> MSWord as Editor.

After this make sure the Style(Paragraph/Character format) is applied to that Text node is available in Style and Activate the Style.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello venkat,

i tried this option but when i double click in msword editor it shows default editor is ms word editor

so i checked other option means

running report in se38 and activating smart forms and sap script

after that i didnot get full tools in word editor

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As per the restrictions in the following note, only the formats in the asociated style are possible:

742662 - MS Word as Editor in SAPscript and Smart Forms

As per note #742662, some of the standard MS word fetaures are not possible, To get additional formatting, you will need to create a paragraph or character format in the style associated with the smartform and apply this format to the text.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I understand you have the MS word editor in the smartform. In the smartform, enter a text element and on the left of the text element, select Editor button. Here in Goto-->Change Editor, this will give you an editor like script. If it is already there, then dont change it.

Here, you can write the fields...you want to display just like script.

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwa,

Thanks for quick reply. As you said i can do this from Script Editor, but you know as SAP is providing this MS Word editor i want to use it's features. I think there has to be some way to get all these new functionality. It's just that i don't know how to use them.

I'll be very thankful if you can help me with the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MS Word Editor, what are the tools you are saying??Be Precise, Because I see everything here, But still you want to configure the editor, you can do it from Goto menu. Everything is in the Menu there.

VIshwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

See in this editor we have Hanging Indent, Left Indent, First Line Indent, etc.

When i do the formatting with these Indents it gets formatted till i save it. But as soon as save the form everything gets back to again normal.

Why this is happening.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can use this way also to get MS word format editor in smartforms.

Go to transaction I18N (Internationalization).

Click on I18N Menu à I18N Customizing à I18N System Configuration

If you would like to use MS Word Editor in both Script and Smartforms, then check the both checkboxes

Click on Activate.

The following popup appears (related to SAPScript Editor):

Click on Yes. Now the following popup appears (related to Smartforms Editor):

Click on Yes to proceed.

Now the MS Word editor is available for both SAP Script and Smartforms.

In SAP Script:

You can anytime revert to old editor by deactivation MS Word editor option using the transaction I18N.

Edited by: seshu yadav on Dec 24, 2008 8:08 AM

Edited by: seshu yadav on Dec 24, 2008 8:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello depak,

iam also facing the same error please reply how did you solve this ms word edditor full features

Regards

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

After changes all those run this report RSCPSETEDITOR.I think it is helpful .

Regards,

Madhu.