cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ws application 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using t code DC10 -> define document type in field selection what is the purpose of Ws application 2.

Please explain, is there any difference between the WS application 1 and 2.

Thank you

Seema Pilankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

the mentioned fields are only useful if you do not use the KPRO storage concept. This means you are still using an archive, vault or SAP-DB to store your originals. In this case you can only add two originals per document info record and the mentioned fields WS application 1 and 2 were designed to

control if you are able to add two, one or no original.

If you store your originals in the Content Server then these settings have no effect as there is no limitation on how many originals could be added to one document info record.

I hope this information could be useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your reply still it is not clear to me!

You mean to say if we check both WS application 1 as well as Ws application 2 it is possible to add 2 + 2 originals in one DIR or what (if we are not using Kpro concept).

Kindly elaborate each functionality such as WS application 1 and Ws application 2.

I did trying with both option (1). ws1 & ws 2 required entry 2) ws1 required entry & 2 is suppressed), I didnu2019t find any difference.

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

if you are not using KPRO you can only add 2 originals to one document info record. There is no

way to enlarge this number of originals.

The mentioned customizing fields can only help to control these two originals. So the WS application 1 stands for the first original and the WS application 2 is for the second one. So this customizing modifies the field Application 1 or two on the Basic data screen for the selected document type. These fields are only visible in the older transaction CV01 and CV02. If you are in CV01N and CV02N these field are

no longer there. Now you just see the 'Original data' area. So in the newer transactions these settings

have no real effect anymore.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Christhoph.

Answers (0)