cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a field named percentage in the table. I have kept a validation on the field that the total of the column should be 100. The validation is happening properly and displaying the error message but the values are inserting in the backend table if the sum is less than or greater than 100. How can i controll this thing . Plesae Suggest Us.

Regards,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said above, you are passing the values to backend before validation or not using the validation result in insert records to back end.

simple solution is.... take a boolean type attribute make it false at first, if your validation is success then make /change it true and then pass the values to back end.

if(ture)

{

//insert records in backend.

}

else dont insert the record.

PradeeP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue Resolved . I kept a condition below the for loop. if the value not equal to 100 then im printing a error message and else im executing the RFC.

Can you tell How to display an error message in a pop up .

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

the following document will help you..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/42af9f90-0201-0010-6099-ba67e542...

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is simple ....

i think you are inserting the values before validation....

please do the validation in the action which you are using to insert the values into backend ,and allow the backend insertion only if the validation is true

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor