cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will SAP_CUST copy the ABAP changes also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

SAP environment is ECC 5.0 with development, quality and production systems. After production system went live and still now also they are doing changes directly in production system and as a result of this now the development, quality and production system are not in sync.

Now, they want all the three systems to be in sync and have requested me to suggest. I have told them to create a new client in development system and do a client copy from production client with SAP_CUST profile and in future use this client only for making changes and transport to production. Similarly need to do a client copy in quality also from either production with SAP_ALL and should use this for testing after transporting from development to quality.

My queries are

1) what is suggested above is fine or any better way is there

2) Also, if I do SAP_CUST profile copy from production to new client in development will it copy all customizing and ABAP related changes to new client in development or it will copy only customizing changes ony. What profile should I choose if I want all ABAP and customizing changes only to be copied.

3) Similarly they are having same above problem with their BI systems also and will the above suggestion of client copy or client refresh will work in BI scenario also.

Please suggest

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Out of my Idea.

1 ) I would be preferring for applying the change requestu2019s to DEV and Sys copy for QTY. (but this is only possible if you have change request list from developers)

2) SAP_CUST will copy the customizing (functional customizing and ABAP customizing) of client dependent and not the client independed customizing.

Regards,

Sreenivas .Y