cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating document through cv01n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know how to create document through CV01N.For attaching CAD Drawing to the material for bom,how should i create document? What are the mandatory data we need, to create document? pl can anyone explain in detail.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To create new document type use Tcode "SPRO"---> Cross Application Components -

> Document Management> Control Data--> Define Document Types

Use transaction code CV01n (Create Documents)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ranganayahi,

1.There are various document types created in standard SAP,but if you require a new document

type,then goto SPRO>SAP Reference IMG->Cross application components--->Document

Managment->Control Data->Define document types.

For Eg,Say supoose if you want to create a Document using CV01N,you have to select a document

type,Say you have created a new document type - CDD,so using this document type you have to create

a document where in you will attach the drwaing.

2.Then for this document type you need number ranges,that you can define in OD00,it can be internal or

external number range.

3.Then the created document through CV01N can be assigned in the BOM and you have to select the

item category as D.

Refer these links if required.

http://www.sap-img.com/production/attachment-of-drawings-in-boms.htm

Check and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear mangalraj,

Thanks for ur reply.I have created the document through in cv01n,But document status is in not released status.Also i want to know how should i view the drawing i have attached.

I have attached drawing in header overview of the document.I am seeing this through the doc .Assignment.After selecting the document assignment it goes to cv03n from there i hv seleted the attachment list,then i got the picture what i hv attached.Pl tel me Is this the way should i view the image? Can't i see directly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is a simple example of storing documents into your PCs, just to have a feel how the SAP DMS works:-

For those using Citrix, you have to set this at the Citrix Server where the SAPGUI is located.

Configure SM30 - V_TDWE_C1

Put this command in your autoexec.bat

SET HOSTNAME=PC1234

Restart your pc.

You can create/manage your documents in transaction code CV01N / CV02N

Assigning Documents to a Material Master Record

Access a material master record in Create or Change mode, and select Basic Data.

To create links to documents, choose Additional data -> Document data.

The Link to Documents dialog box appears.

Assign one or more documents to the material.

If you do not know what the document number is, you can search for it using the search help or by choosing Find document.

When assigning a document to a material, you have the following options:

1. Viewing the document by choosing it in the Link to Documents dialog box.

2. Viewing any originals of the document by positioning the cursor on the document and

choosing Display originals in the Link to Documents dialog box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.