cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding getting the portal Login ID into WDA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i m trying to get the portal logon credintials into my WDA Application.I m foolwing the steps below.

On WD ABAP Side

a) Go to the Main Window of your WebDynpro application, Double click on it and select the tab 'inbound plugs'

b) Select & double click on the Plug Named 'DEFAULT' this would also have plug type as Startup

c) Add a new importing parameter below 'WDEVENT' parameter call it IV_USERID of Type UNAME.

d) Inside the method HANDLEDEFAULT for this plug you can freely assign this UserID, that would be available in the IV_USERID parameter at run-time after we complete other setting in Portal.

In my case i had a parameter in the component controller by name m_userid so i assigned it as

method HANDLEDEFAULT .

wd_comp_controller->m_userid = IV_USERID

endmethod.

e) Goto you webdynpro Application, double click on it & click on Parameters tab. Under Parameters column when you click f4 kind of pop-up would list you IV_USERID as one of the parameters select this.

Save your application.

On Portal side Create an iview of type WD ABAP , specify the application name exactly as named in webdynpro ABAP

ex :

Application Name - ZWDA_SHOW_SALES

Application Parameters - IV_USERID=<User.LogonUid>

Save & assign this iview to any page that user has access. remember JAVA IS CASE SENSITIVE!! any mismatch of the Application parameter yor application will not execute.

===================In The above process,======================

In this method,

method HANDLEDEFAULT .

wd_comp_controller->m_userid = IV_USERID.

endmethod.

i am getting the error like

Field m_userid is unknown .it is neither in one of the specified

tables nor defined by a 'DATA' statement

How can i resolve this..

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

in the application pass the parameter as m_userid of type string......

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

As i said above,

e) Goto you webdynpro Application, double click on it & click on Parameters tab. Under Parameters column when you click f4 kind of pop-up would list you IV_USERID as one of the parameters select this.

in the above step,i already declare a variable in the application parameters...

Ragards,

Ravi

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry i think since you are trying to pass your parameter in a variable which to me looks lijke an attribute of component controller so you can declare an attribute in component controller....

also one thing more you have to tick on the public check box there as well......

regards

pranav

Edited by: Pranav Nagpal on Dec 24, 2008 6:29 AM