Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Enterprise Portal to CUA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone - hope you can clear something up for me. I have searched online, in forums and my documentation but cannot find an answer.

Is it possible to connect EP 6.0 to CUA in the same manner one would connect child systems to the central system? I have seen conflicting info suggesting it is possible I believe for roles. I have also seen screenshots of a portal with a CUA tab under either System Adminnistration or User Administration.

I have a DEV and PRD CUA and each are connected to DEV and PRD LDAP servers. I would like to connect my DEV and PRD portals to each CUA. Is this possible? Is this functionality built-in to the portal?

When the users are created in LDAP they are automatically created in the portal as well. We run the LDAP synch job to populate CUA with the new users. Between eCATTS and CRMD_UI_ROLE_ASSIGN there is little work to assign roles in the ABAP systems (CRM 2007). However, I have to then manually assign the newly created portal users their roles/groups.

systems:

CRM 2007

EP 6.0

IBM TIvoli LDAP

If you have any ideas or knowledge on this subject I would appreciate it!

Thanks,

Todd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not up to speed as far as role assignment in the portal is concerned but I have seen it working with a CUA. So, yes, it is possible.

What I think needs to be done is make sure every portal role is linked to an abap-role in the back-end system. Now when assigning roles in the back-end the portal role is automatically assigned as well. This back-end system can be part of a CUA. Unfortunately I do not know the detailed workings or setup but I'm sure one of the other forum members will help you out.

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not up to speed as far as role assignment in the portal is concerned but I have seen it working with a CUA. So, yes, it is possible.

What I think needs to be done is make sure every portal role is linked to an abap-role in the back-end system. Now when assigning roles in the back-end the portal role is automatically assigned as well. This back-end system can be part of a CUA. Unfortunately I do not know the detailed workings or setup but I'm sure one of the other forum members will help you out.

0 Kudos

Thanks Jurjen. Any idea of how to actually connect the portal to CUA? For the life of me I cannot figure it out!

0 Kudos

> Any idea of how to actually connect the portal to CUA? For the life of me I cannot figure it out!

Nope, sorry. I think the trick is to connect the portal to a backend system in such a way that assigning roles in the backend automatically assigns roles in the portal. You can imagine that back end system being part of a CUA. I've seen it working but I am not within reach of that system now.

Maybe someone else can chip in.

Otherwise, have a look in the forum.