cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

When we are opening VA02, entering a S Ord number and in the 'Intial Screen' if I click on 'Document Flow' icon, it shows me a list, but if I go into the S Order to the 'OverView' screen and click on 'Document Flow' icon, though normally it will display the same list, sometimes it shows a different list, I mean, an incomplete list. When it shows the same list usually the sequence is not the same, the order is different.

Document flow from the Initial Screen usually is the correct / complete list, where as from

Overview screen is an incomplete list. What I notice is that if for one S order there are 2 or 3 Delivery docs or so, Doc flow from Overview screen shows only one Delivery doc. Hence I am telling all my end users to check Document flow only from the Initial Screen.

Have any one noticed this discrepancy? Why is this so?

Edited by: yajee venkat on Dec 24, 2008 10:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat

It is not the discrepancy had you noticed sharply the overview screen.

Once from VA02 after entering the order number and execute, by default, the blinking icon will go to first line item and hence, at this juncture, if you check the document flow, it will show only the subsequent documents for that particular line item.

Alternatively, place your mouse on any header related datas and check the document flow. It should be the same as what you saw in the initial screen.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi jee,

As always beautiful analysis, I have not noticed this aspect and will watch out for it from now on.

Thanks for the help. Just a clarification more. Is it correct to say that the sequence of the list in Document flow will show the sequence of document generation? Maybe at Item level this can be true, but what is the logic of sequence at Header level??

Best of regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat

Sorry I cant get you what you are asking.

If I understood your question correctly, in the sale order overview screen, you are asking how the document flow at header level would be. If so, it should same as you see in VA02

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laksmipathy jee,

I got it. In Item level document flow, we will see the sequence of document generation as far that particular Item is concerned. But at VA02 level, it will show a general sequence of SO., DD (with Picking / Packing / Transfer Order / Shipment) and Billing Document list.

Thanks again.

With warm regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing the thread.

Thanks

Answers (0)