cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error processing in non BPM sync process

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created a sync non BPM process which is working fine. Data comes from several terminals via HTTP. My scenario is HTTP=>XI=>RFC

On the sending side, I use ABAP mapping or parser. I'm using this since I have to check some table data based on plant code and react accordingly.

However, its quite possible that this table does not contain data for a given plant code or invalid plant code in which case I need to send back an response instead of calling RFC like I would normally do.

Any idea how I can send back a message without going through RFC (receiver determination)....remember I have manipuated the RFC message in the ABAP mapping (in interface determination) and the only data I have available in receiver determination is original message which is not good.

This has gotten very tricky now. I cannot use BPM due to WF response time + added RFC time (6 secs). Using non BPM I'm down to 1 sec or so which the users are happy.

Thanks,

Very confused XI programer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One idea is giving the Response Back in the Final RFC.

Second option is , you need to write Loopup functions and based on the value you can send it back. But again it will be little bit time consuming...

In this case you can write Message Mapping with RFC/R3 Lookups. so that you can continue..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought about your 1st idea. However, one of my check is to see if the R3 is available and I need to send response back instantly and not fail in XI....And in the parser I have written RFC function to check the system for availability....if the system is down how do I send message back?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe you can do the table check in the final

RFC (since the table is probably oin the r3 system)

and then you'll be able to send the response

in both cases - if you have the data or not

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal, The table is in XI. Table has few different fields that are important to the interface esp. The R3 system to call. Based on the plant code, we decide which SAP system to send data to. And in XI, we store this info...ex: PIP3 plant goes to AI0 system. The terminals where is information is generated does not have this sophistication.

How would you accomplish this HTTP=>XI=>RFC non BPM sync process. BPM adds too much time and the users don't wait that long in today process which will be replaced by XI. Non BPM yields 1 sec which is what they want. Thousands of messages flow and they cannot wait that long.

Do you have suggestions.