cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the Latest version to be released after SAP MDM 7.1 version ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any body give me the details about the latest version to be released after SAP MDM 7.1?

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM 7.1 is still in ramp-up release and will be released for general customers around Q2'2009.

you are expecting next version also

However as per roadmap, it will be MDM 7.2

For more info, pls refer to https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-mdm71

+ An

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishnareddy ,

Just to add an update SAP has planned to come put with a newer release of MDM in 2009/2010.

It will first come out with some enhancements in the MDM 7.1 version in the 2009 release and will also release a newer version of MDM (7.2) in the later releases.

You can go through the higlights in the below webinar:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0d0b0e7-f144-2b10-17a2-982103c9...

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

as far as i know MDM 7.1 general versions for user is still about to come.

but With SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management 7.1, SAP has enhanced the MDM technology foundation to build pre-packaged business scenarios and integration. This SAP NetWeaver MDM release has been in ramp-up shipment since the end of November 2008.

But for 7.1 some highlights are

Extended flexibility for data modeling and support for complex objects

Higher performance and improved inbound and outbound processing e.g. through native MDM adapter for SAP NetWeaver Process Integration

Enhanced integration into SAP NetWeaver standard administration and life-cycle components

after successful Operation with this I guess new release will mess up.

Hope it helps.

Rgds

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishnareddy ,

As of now SAP MDM 7.1 is the latest version that SAP is releasing.

This version is suppose to be the most stable versions of MDM as compared to its past versions and in line with the other latest SAP tools.

SAP and all others are now focusing on this version,and is still to be experimented in terms of it implementation in full.

Any bugs or improvements needed will come as hotfixes and support patches for this release.

I have still not heard of any new release after 7.1 at this moment.

So its a good idea we first look into what all this version has to offer at this point.

Will let you know if I get information on newer releases.

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto