cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flag to indicate SAP or customer installation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ALL,

Do you know whether there is a flag (or a concept) on Web AS J2EE stack to distinguish a J2EE instance a SAP installation or a customer installation?

Because I would like to introduce some restrictions (e.g. users' entries have to start with "Y_" or "Z_" for a customer J2EE installation) to an customer system.

Thanks,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

what do you mean with "e.g. users' entries have to start with "Y_" or "Z_" for a customer J2EE installation"? Would you like to establish rigid customer namespaces for development objects like in ABAP systems?

If this is the case, sorry to say that, it would be completely useless.

J2EE (software) components delivered by SAP already have their own namespace by their provider (sap.com) and the package structure (starting with com.sap.).

J2EE (software) components created by customers will not have one of those criterias, although it's possible to use the provider and package prefix mentioned, since normally customers want to identify their own components as easily as possible.

BTW, i'm sure the J2EE community will not be pleased, if all their classes for example have to start with 'Y_' or 'Z_'.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, our project needs to introduce a customer namespace concept to application-specific user entries (not to java packages). For example, customers like to introduce some entries like conditions, rules, ... for their business need by the UI that SAP provides (our project has a java-based rule engine).

We would like them to put their entries in the customer namespace, so SAP won't overwrite those entries (SAP also delivers functionality by providing a default set of conditions, rules, ...), when customers get SAP's software upgrade in the future.

To enforce this light customer namespace concept, I need a way to distinguish whether a given J2EE installation is SAP’s or customer’s. That is why I asked the question in this post.

Best Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

well, then i have to apologize, since i misunderstood your intentions/scenario completely.

Best regards

Stefan