SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Merchandise Category Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am interested in uploading my merchandise category hierarchy (hiearchy levels plus base merchandise categories plus assignments) in one or more LSMWs, I need to do this because I have numerous clients that I need to replicate the hierarchy in, and I am trying to save myself the keystrokes. I think that I can accomplish this by using the following method:

1 - LSMW #1 uses object BUS1003 to create the hierarchy levels (this is where I am least sure)

2 - LSMW #2 uses object BUS3060 to assign the hierarchy levels to each other

3 - LSMW #3 uses object BUS1072 to create and assign the merchandise categories.

I am least sure about step 1. When I use this object, it appears to be correct, but when I look at the hierarchy level in CLWN or CLWO, it does not appear exactly the same as it would if I created it via CLWM. Instead, it is displaying the following fields listed below; they are not normally part of what is displayed in CLWO:

change number; change number valid-from; class where-used button; organizational area; local class; same classification (do not check; warning message; check with error)

I believe that this is the result of using object BUS1003, which would normally function like CL01 instead of CLWM, however I cannot be sure.

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you work in a Retail System. I wouldn't recommend to use BAPI's, I would use IDOCs.

LSMW1: IDOC "CLSMAS" - Merchandise Category Classes

LSMW2: IDOC "W_WGRP" - Merchandise Category

LSMW3: IDOC "CLSMAS" - Hierarchy Nodes

LSMW4: IDOC "CLFMAS" - Hierarchy Assignments

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you work in a Retail System. I wouldn't recommend to use BAPI's, I would use IDOCs.

LSMW1: IDOC "CLSMAS" - Merchandise Category Classes

LSMW2: IDOC "W_WGRP" - Merchandise Category

LSMW3: IDOC "CLSMAS" - Hierarchy Nodes

LSMW4: IDOC "CLFMAS" - Hierarchy Assignments