cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Bi Integration wizard -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I saw another post which has a similar problem, but unfortunately it didnot answer my question, so i am opening a new one here.

I am trying to create a model for displaying BI data in the portal. I am able to see the queries in VC and even drag and drop them into the storyboard. But when I use the wizard it throws the below error message.

"WARNING 2005: There are no BI systems defined in portal. In order to use BI integration wizard, you must first define at least one BI system based on the BI XMLA, BI ODBO, BI JDBC, or BI SAP Query Connector"

This is a BI integrated portal and we have no issues with publishing queries and web templates into the portal. They show perfectly as iviews. We have not implemented Single Sign on.

Now when I was looking at the sytems defined in the portal I see the following entries, and they were created / provided by SAP.

BI JDBC System

BI ODBO-Compliant OLAP System

BI SAP Query System

BI XMLA-Compliant OLAP System

EP 5.0 System

HTTP System

JDBC System

SAP system using connection string

SAP system using dedicated application server

SAP system with load balancing

Web Service System using WSDL URL

I am assuming that all these systems were already provided by SAP. Then why is the wizard still throwing the error. Was it configured or initially installed using the wrong system alias?

I have also activated the MDX editor, but that didnot help.

Landscape: EP 7.0 (Netweaver 2004s ), VC version 700.16.0.1

any help is appreciated, useful answers<=>generous points.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gattaca,

I can suggest you to do one thing, as I did the same to over come the similar error.

Create a different system object and try to pull the data from BI using the new object in VC.

This newly created object should be defined for any of the BI system i.e DEV or PRD.

But I dont have any Idea why the existing object not working properly.

Check the option which i suggested if it is feasable for you.

Regards,

Chan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Our friend Told it Correct.

the List you showed is the List of Templates with which you can creat the Systesm in the portal.

But if you want to use any BI systesm through BI integration wizard the that BI system should be Configured using the One of the Connectors : BI XMLA ,BI JDBC ,BI ODBO ..etc

So to configure your BI as one of the above types then you will not get the Error you got.

To confiuge the BI system to use in BI wizard ,Please follow the Link

in the above link look for the BI JDBC Systesm caretion

Govindu

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BI wizard only works with BI XMLA, BI ODBO, BI JDBC, or BI SAP Query systems. The system you say you have is a BI RFC system, which connects to the BI system using RFC. This is one of the ways you connect to a BI system, but not the only one. The BI wizard supports only the above systems.

You can refer to [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/d0/a6f6dae3224d50abca99051bb6e2b8/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/d0/a6f6dae3224d50abca99051bb6e2b8/frameset.htm] for more details.

Regards and merry Xmass,

Natty