cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed field from MDM Customer repository - caused crash in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

A couple of fields were removed from the Customer repository. Now in the Portal when working with the iView for Item Detail I get this message when attempting to retrieve data:

Error occurred: null (java.lang.RuntimeException: getFieldLayout failed in field:BUILDING) (see log for details)

In the log there is a NullPointerException.

What do I do to straighten this out?

Thanks,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

You need to verify and check your repository once you make any changes in it.

Finally load it with update indices.Check if your previously defined iviews have any references to the deleted fields. If so just delete the references or say recreate the iviews.

Also restart the Java Engine or Portal as rightly said by Jitesh.

Refer

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Edited by: Minaz Kathawala on Dec 24, 2008 5:15 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Because of the change of the repository structure, the iView which was defined for this structure is no longer valid (it is attemting to reference a field which has been deleted).

You need to edit the iView via the portal Content Administration and re-save the iView configuration minus the deleted field.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

The repository had been reloaded with index update and the portal system had been restarted.

What I had to do was blow away the PAGE and start over.

The iView was the Customer Item Detail. Rebuilding that iView didn't work. The iView was part of the Customer Search page. Must be that the interaction between the iViews on that page needed to be rebuild. Sigh... I had to start over and reconfigure all the iViews on that page.

Thanks for all your assistance,

Amy Smith @ Haworth

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be for this you need to restart your Java services and with update the Indices in your repository.

It can make difference.

Hope it helps.

Rgds

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Portal only reflects the backend in your case MDM on the front end side.

If you have made any changes in your backend like deleting or adding fields you need to updtae them successfully to cause it to reflect on the front end.

- In MDM console. Unload your rep and load it with Update Indices.

- Restart your Portal server to refresh the changes.

Your inviews should show the changes,if not you may need to rebuild that portion.

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

You need to restart the J2EE Engine once to get the updated repository structure.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja