cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIMODGEN standard behaviour..

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SAP APO 4.1 and SAP R/3 4.70

We run the programs RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2 as nightly jobs for PPMs since many new production versions are created every day. When I lock a production version which has a Valid From date in the past and a Valid To date in the future, the nightly job RIMODGEN does not pick up the production version which is locked and hence the PPM in APO remains active the next day. Now we have mismatch in the two systems as the PV in R/3 is locked where as PPM is active in APO. This would result in CIF errors for planned orders.

My question is about RIMODGEN program not picking up the locked PVs. Is this standard SAP behaviour? I remember from the past project that the RIMODGEN program should pick up the production versions which are locked as well.

I do realize that we can use the CFP3 ( or for that matter RIMODINI) to send the changes of lock status to APO but first I would want to confirm with you guys what the standard SAP behaviour is for RIMODGEN. Do you think the IM generation program should pick the locked PVs or not?

Appreciate all your help!

Thanks

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun Muni

Regarding on your query, I think if you apply note 1085786, the problem will be fixed.

In this SAP Note, it changes the program logic of Function module PPM_KEY_SELECTION where

production version selection is executed, and the correction seems to removed locked production version from internal table that become basis for PPM creation.

if you work with PDS, please apply note 1086043 which has similar correction for PDS.

best regards

Keiji Mishima

Answers (0)