cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upcharge on those items which are not in case quantities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..please help me finding a solution for the issue.

Our business wants to charge an upcharge of 10% on all those items which are not in the case quantities.

Let me explain my requirement with an example:

Our business wants to sell in case quantities.

Eg : A case contains 6 Jars of 1 kg each. If a customer places order for 10 Jars where case contains 6 jars, 6 jars price will be normal. But the additional 4 jars(which are not in case) will be upcharged by 10%.

Similarly if customer places an order for only 5 jars(where case contains 6 jars) all the 5 jars should be upcharged by 10%.

The crucial part in this scenario is the list of materials is not in fixed number and they require changes in future. The upcharge is in percentage and it should be on both under and over the case quantity.

There are different materials like jars, bottles,tubes etc. and different sizes( 1kg jars,2kg jars, 3 kg jars)

It is not a case of pallet surcharge.Please help me.

Thanks&Regards,

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chandu

If the customer orders more than a case or less than a case where case contains 6 Jars of 1 kg each.then then you should charge extra 10%.That means you should assign a new reqt / Alt calc type to the condition type giving the inputs to the ABAP'er and explain him your requirement as i mentioned and also give the inputs like tables to ABAP'er to complete the task of subroutine

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.It definately require ABAP coding. We require a routine with the said logic. You are absolutely right.

Once we complete the custom ABAP task, how should we move ahead.

1)Say for example list contains 20 materials. And we maintain the 20 materials list with conversion factors(1 case of X = 6 Jars) in a separate table.Once we enter the material in the Sales order system should check this table first.

2)We maintain separate material code for the material in case.

Example: 1 case of X = M12345(new material number or code)

For individual material ( X ) we have material code already which we are using now(clear?)Eg: X = D6633

3)So whenever customer places order:- Eg: Lets take example given in the question.

Cust places order for 10

Line item1-----M12345 -1 case--(Pricing calculation based on Price condition type)

Line item2-----D6633 -

4 jars -

(Pricing calculation based on Price condition type)

Iam checking in this way..and trying whether it work or not...Please revert back if i made you confuse in presenting the case..

Please guide me in my approach towards this issue..

Regards,

chandu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's more widely known as a "split-case surcharge". As correctly pointed by previous poster, this can only be done by custom ABAP development.

The only thing you might want to clarify with the business users - what will happen in case the customer places multiple orders on the same day (or before the delivery takes place). E.g. there are 6 items in a box and customer orders 5 items. Then later the customer calls back and asks to add 1 more. Would customer service make an effort and locate/change the previous order? Will the customer be charged anyway? Just think about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena...

You made me to think in a new dimension. Surely i need to confirm this.

I posted furthur requirement in this issue..Please check once..

Thank you

Regards,

Chandu