cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How deploy Add-on over CF Card

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is possible to deploy MI Client 7.0 SP18 as add-on through NW Administrator on CF Card on which has been already installed MI Client 7.0 SP13 and MSR application? I can't solve this problem with copy and paste of the jar because I have many PDAs already distributed to the customers.

Thanks in advance,

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

If your server has the patches for SP 18 uploaded to the server (part of the NWMClient.SCA file), you can assign the patch addon to the device via role assignment, or user assignment or particular device assignment through the ABAP stack using GUI or NWA. Since the patch installs using the %MI_HOME% path directive (found in the addon.zip file's install.xml), it should install to the CF card without a problem.

Regards,

Veera

Edit:

Was my post helpful? Was your problem solved?

If solved, post additional steps (if any) you took for solving the issue, for the community's benefit.

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Dec 29, 2008 11:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

sorry for the delay. My problem is that I cannot deploy anything on all PDAs otherwise the apostrophe (') present in creme_listOfJars.txt is misplaced and MI Client doesn't start anymore. I have found the sap note no. 1090645 but I don't know how apply it because according to this note I should apply the patch no. 2 related MI Client SP14 and I'm using MI client SP13 (SP15 on server).

Besides, I want avoid to transfer again all data on all PDAs. Can you help me to found the best solution?

Thanks,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

Since you have SP 15 configured on the server you can just assign the SP 15 framework patch to the affected devices. You need not change the data in the pda since the framework patch will install smoothly over existing installation (edit->) without disturbing the data in the client.

Regards,

Veera

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Jan 12, 2009 6:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Veera,

but does the MI Client SP15 include patch 2 for MIClient SP14? If not, can I deploy the patch only ( NWM_JSP_PATCH.sda) without MI SP14 (NWM_JSP_WINCE_uncomp.sda) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

My first move would be to deploy the already existing SP15 patch in the server to a test device. If everything works out fine, you can replicate the same to all the remaining devices.

For your info, If the date of release of SP 15 is later than the patch 2 release of SP 14, it should have the patch included. It is always adviceable to use the same patch level as in server in the device.

You cannot/must not install a patch specified for a different version to the device with different patch. But if you want to check out in one device you can achieve this by first installing a patch of SP 14 to the device and then installing patch2. But I sincerely advice you against doing that.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Veera,

the Patch no.2 of SP14 (related to the sap note 1090645) that I need, has been released on 09 April 2008, instead SP15 has been released on 18 March 2008. Besides there are two patch related MI SP15 related to the sap note 1145349 and 1262973 only. So, if I deploy MI SP15 (and related patch) on the pda, my problem won't be resolved... I cannot deploy the MI SP15 as first step because as I told you, the deploy fails because of apostrophes. What can I do?

Regards,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

Go ahead and deploy the SP 14 patch 2 SCA file to the server and then, assign the patch of SP 14 framework to the affected devices.

Regards,

Veera

P.S.: Test it in one device and then replicate if test is successful.

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Jan 13, 2009 4:07 PM

Answers (0)