cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFolders - actual process steps for storing, sharing and authorizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am PP consultant and know nothing about cFolders and even i don't have access to cFolders server as well.

I am in one project, where i need to assess the cFolders functionalities, how client can utilize that tool as per client requirement.

Requesting your help in finding some of the information as given below.

1. Process followed to store and share engineering data such as CAD drawings (2D & 3D) from SAP PLM/DMS in cFolders (Need step by step screen shots)

2. Process followed to store and share non - engineering data such as requirements docs from SAP ERP/DMS in cFolders (Need step by step screen shots)

3. Providing access to suppliers (If we provide access to one user, can we define that it will expire after some period of time. I mean, authorization is provided from date - To date basis)

4. If you have any real time case study on Collboration with suppliers using cFolders

5. What will be the process for point 1 & 2 , if we use other PLM software (not SAP PLM) and utilize cFolder colloboration. What are the integration points to be considered in this case?

SAP version ECC 6.0

Cprojects 4.5

I need your help to keep my job alive in this market condition. I hope, you understand my situation . Please send docs to the specified id in profile.

Thanks a lot .

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have few points for you.

Requesting your help in finding some of the information as given below.

1. Process followed to store and share engineering data such as CAD drawings (2D & 3D) from SAP PLM/DMS in cFolders (Need step by step screen shots)

I think you must be clear on what do you want to do?

SAP PLM/DMS use itself to store and share information with large users of the system by managing changes effectively. So no doubt about this functionality. According to user authentication the access is given to the user of the system either for PLM/DMS. Whether he is a supplier or customer.

2. Process followed to store and share non - engineering data such as requirements docs from SAP ERP/DMS in cFolders (Need step by step screen shots)

The above answer is applicable for this point also.

3. Providing access to suppliers (If we provide access to one user, can we define that it will expire after some period of time. I mean, authorization is provided from date - To date basis)

This is possible for all the users. Apart from that you can control acess for each document also.

4. If you have any real time case study on Collboration with suppliers using cFolders

Collaboration is the term used by all the industies like Automobile, Aerospace, Heavy engineering and many more. You can get examples from these industries. But i have not worked in this scenario. The reason being many OEM's in INDIA are not willing to share their data with Tier I suppliers.

5. What will be the process for point 1 & 2 , if we use other PLM software (not SAP PLM) and utilize cFolder colloboration. What are the integration points to be considered in this case?

This you have to study the requirements properly and take a decision ont he same according to the clients requirement.

Let me know if you are looking for more info

Regards

Suresh. J