Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique ID for role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is A table that i can find Unique ID for specific role?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's nice to see you've rewarded all answers but that still leaves me puzzled about the actual question.... Can you please enlighten us a bit more?

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just looked up the AGR* tables and didn't see any specific area that had a unique identifier. Have you seen this before from a different screen that wasn't a table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

A transport request number?

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope I understand your question correctly, if so, the key for all roles within SAP is a combination of client number and rolename. This means the rolename has to be unique within a client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

From your question what I understand is that you need a list of all the users assigned to a role. You can get this from report S_BCE_68001399.

Alternatively you can get this from table agr_users. However this will give multiple entries for a user if a user is assigned the same role more than once.

Regards,

Sameek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Jurjen has correctly pointed out that the role name and client number are combined to uniquely identify a role within a system.

A role name is unique within a client. You can use table AGR_DEFINE, field name AGR_NAME if you only want a client dependant table.

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's nice to see you've rewarded all answers but that still leaves me puzzled about the actual question.... Can you please enlighten us a bit more?

0 Kudos

HI Jurjen,

Sorry .

i Try to look it myself , no progress until now...

What i want is some Unique key for Role in the system we have lot of rols,

so i think that have to be some unique id for them.

Regards

0 Kudos

> so i think that have to be some unique id for them.

The role name is unique per client. There's nothing more to it. That's the entity you use to link all AGR_* tables.

However, if you're looking for something to identify roles to easily find out what they're meant for then no, that all depends on naming conventions made by the persons who built them. The SAP standard roles generally hold a reference to the module (HR BC FI etc) in their name.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

Thanks for your time.

Maybe u can elaborate on this :

The SAP standard roles generally hold a reference to the module (HR BC FI etc) in their name.

Reagrds

0 Kudos

> Maybe u can elaborate on this :

>

> The SAP standard roles generally hold a reference to the module (HR BC FI etc) in their name.

All roles for which the name starts with "SAP_" are standard SAP roles, meant as a template for role development. A lot of those have names starting with SAP_BC_, SAP_XI_, SAP_WPS_ etc.

The bit between the two underscores gives an idea for which part of SAP functionality they are meant. In an ECC system you'll see roles for FI, CO, MM, SD etcetera.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

Thanks it make sense,

My last question on this topic ,

does role have unique folder ,u can see in in table AGR_HIER.

Thanks Again

Mickael A

0 Kudos

> My last question on this topic ,

> does role have unique folder ,u can see in in table AGR_HIER.

No, there's no rule for the relations between roles and menu sections. It's all in the fantasy of the builder.

Trying to reverse-engineer the role design from the SAP tables will be a tedious task for which there are very few technical shortcuts. (I am guessing here that that's what you're trying to do)

Cheers

Jurjen