cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Job -Full Synch mode is running forever

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Batch Job analysis in Full synch mode is running forever. I missed to exclude some critical tcodes and this could be the reason. Can I terminate this job that is currently running and make some updates and run the Batch job analysis again in the full synch mode. Will this corrupt the GRC tables?

Can I run the batch job analysis again? Will it overwrite the existing updates?

I dont really need the existing records (risk analysis) as I am trying this in the development environment for the first time.

Appreciate your response

Thanks

Siri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Lori_D
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

What version and SP are you running?

FYI, in AC 5.3 SP05, there is a new feature for batch risk analysis that allows you to exclude objects. If you have previously included critical profiles, you can create the profile as an 'exclusion object' and the corresponding data will be deleted from the offline analysis andmanagement report tables during the next batch analysis run. See note 1282351's attachment for more information.

Lori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved. Apply the following notes:

1. Turn off archive logs at the DB level

2. Note 1142017

3. Note 830576

4. 1044173

5. 1034117

6. 1178370

7. 1044174 ( very important)

We applied all these notes on 5.3 SP00. We were able to bring down the job running time from 5 days to 3 hours.

Hope this helps..

Thanks

Kee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checkout the background job log if the considered job encountered an error. Simply copy the log to notepad and search for "error" It will be shown in the log only and the status on the background jobs page may or may not be updated. Application code may lack in exception handling, I doubt.

If you see the error, terminatre the job and re schedule a new background job after fine tuning your sytem as hersh mentioned above.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siri,

1-Increase JCo Pool Configuration parameters in UME for JCO Connection.

Thanks and Regards,

Jagat

Edited by: Jagat Bir Singh on Dec 30, 2008 8:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siri,

1. Check for your Performance tuning parameters if this delay happens frequently.

2. Yes, you can and you should run the job again (preferably with new tuning parameters now, which takes less time). This will update the existing tables and put in correct data there. If you are unsure about the entities already in sync, I would suggest you do not go for incremental ut for full Sunc now.

The same answers your question on update as well.

Regards,

Hersh.

+91-9823055233.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI !

Do not stop or terminate the running background process. it is quite normal for these jobs to take more time to finish. What you should do is click the view log option. then search for log id and check the status of your job. it will show the percentage it completed.

If you are getting error ,please paste the error. Please do as specified in the note 999785.