cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC5.3 (RAR) - Advice on how to differentiate CC environments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm looking for advice/suggestions/creative ideas...

We have 3 different "environments" set up for CC; a production, development, and sandbox. If I have all 3 environments open in a seperate IE window at the same time, sitting idle at the main screen, the only way for me to really know what environment I'm in is by looking at the URL's. For me personally, this isn't a huge issue - I know the URL's and can tell just by looking at them what environment I'm in. Our concern is for a different portion of our CC user base. Much of our CC user base isn't required to be as savy in CC5.3. Many use CC for a few select tasks only. So when they have development CC open in one IE window and production CC open in a seperate IE window, they struggle with "losing their place" - getting confused easy as to what environment they're in. There's just no easy way to know what environment you're on without knowing the URL's. The obviously answer to my dilemna is - have everyone memorize the URL's. But we're looking for something different.

Is there anyway we can modify the base screens in CC? Does anyone have any other ideas on how to differentiate various CC environments?

Any and all ideas welcome - Thanks!!

Jes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might sound a basic, but we just used one of the Custom Tabs, and put in the TEXT for that landscape. It requires a url, so I just put in the one for the page I was on. So, the tab has the landscape name, and if someone selects that tab, if will just display a blank window within the screen.

Another possibility would be to use a link that has a landscape visio on a web page.

Simple, yet easy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no way in CC to change any text or base screens. Your Basis team can create an Alias (short name) for each of the CC environments. If your company uses EP, you can ask Basis team to create and iView for each CC instance in EP. This way, it should be easy to differentiate CC environments.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jes

Can you check with your portal ( EP ) team. They might be able to help you . GRC is a java application and they should have some idea on this they usually do these kind of tasks on portal.

Thank you.