Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: SOAP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I have a question on soap adapter.

I am trying to convert an IDoc into an XML and then using SOAP adapter i want to post that XML into a web service.

I searched many threads but without much help.

Can anyone of you guide me as to how to go about this problem?

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My target message type structure is different from the WSDL structure provided by the web service. I believe that they need to create the WSDL with respect to my messsage type. But, when i sent them(Web service people) WSDL of my message type created using XI, they are saying "The web service we published is our standard, so my question is if it is possible for you to bind the web service call to the one we have already published".

But their WSDL has only 2 fields! and my message type has several of them.

Please clarify my confusion..

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Either you need to use the webservice that you have published or to consume the web service published by Web service people.

In XI you can't bind these two. Its better to directly map the sender system with any of one Webservice and consume the same structure on Traget side.

Thanks

Swarup

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI satisfies client's requirement. Its not that XI suggests some changes at client. If their wsdl only has two fields, then it would mean that their receiver only expects two field as input. Why are you creating your own structure in XI? Just import the wsdl and it will automatically suggest what structure should be used. You shouldn't ask the client to change the web service structure.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got most of what you suggested except for the WSDL part.

Here, when i try to load the WSDL into External definition, there are 2 structures, one for in and another for out. Is there any special type of WSDL that i should use for asynchronous communication?

Waiting for your reply...

Thanks in advance!!

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi lakshmi,

You need to use same wsdl with In Message Type . You don't need to use Out Message as this is for the sync call.

Thanks

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lakshmi

WSDL can have more than one message type. it always depends on the communication which we want to develop.

If its Async then you need to use only one out of (In and Out). Check with the WSDL provider they should be expecting In message from XI.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello lakshmi,

Although i don' have a link to Blog, but here are the steps.

1. Import the source idoc in to the external defintions from the source system.

2. Import targer Webservice WSDL

3. Create target message interface using Message Type from WSDL. You don't need to create sorce message interface as this will be the IDOC interface itself.

4. Create message mapping and Interface mapping as needed beteen source and target. remeber that you will be calling webserice asynchronously.

5. In the ID, create Interface determination, receiver determination. You will not need any sender agreement. Ask Basis guys to include a new partner profile in source system sending IDOC for Your XI system.

These are just basic steps.

Let me know if you need any elaboration.

SOAP adapter configuration link:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/a6fb3fea9df028e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks

-Kulwant

Assign Score if useful

Edited by: Kulwant Bhatia on Dec 23, 2008 4:23 PM