cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing webdynpro dc from file system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created a webdynpro DC on a track and made implementation and now the nwdi server is changed but unfortunately never got my dc checked in,and the configuration is deleted and new configuration is imported from new nwdi server track but it is in my file system at C:\Documents and Settings\username\.dtc\4\DCs\sap.com\local\test which i took the back up. Is there a a way to import this DC from the folder.now my new configuration from track is at C:\Documents and Settings\username\.dtc\0\DCs\....

I opened C:\Documents and Settings\username\.dtc\4\DCs\sap.com\local\test\_comp and the .project file it has name <name>NDI_TestTrack_Dlocaltest~sap.com</name>

1. I tried copying to C:\Documents and Settings\username\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\test\_comp and refreshed in the nwdi LocalDevelopement but it didnot picked this DC.

2. I created a project using import existing project in to workspace by giving the .project folder under C:\Documents and Settings\username\.dtc\4\DCs\sap.com\local\test\_comp, it created webdynpro project with NDI_TestTrack_Dlocaltest~sap.com but not as DC as it doesnot has DC MetaData in the folder hierarchy, i tried to deploy this its giving error i nwds popupwindow,

Plugin name: Web Dynpro Archive Builder

Plugin ID : com.sap.ide.webdynpro.archivebuilder

Class : com.sap.ide.webdynpro.archivebuilder.PARService

Method : getArchiveNameFromDCProject(IDCProject)

Exception : java.lang.Exception: Could not get name for DC project

I ignored and deployed to sever its giving me following error

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/username/LOCALS1/Temp/temp20492.ear

Result

=> deployment not executed : file:/C:/DOCUME1/username/LOCALS1/Temp/temp20492.ear

com.sap.sdm.util.sduread.IllFormattedSduFileException: The archive must be deployed with a 6.20 SDM, which has a SDM-SDA compatible version 1 or greater.

Deployment exception : Got problems during deployment.

3. I created a new empty DC , LocalDevelopmenttest2sap.com under C:\Documents and Settings\kvallur\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\test2\_comp and copied the src file from C:\Documents and Settings\username\.dtc\4\DCs\sap.com\local\test\_comp and pasted in C:\Documents and Settings\kvallur\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\test2\_comp and i deployed and ran LocalDevelopmenttest2sap.com , its giving the error

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/username/LOCALS1/Temp/temp20494sap.com~test2.ear

Aborted: development component 'test2'/'sap.com'/'LOKAL'/'0.2008.12.23.06.51.12'/'0':Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/leavereq2.. Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application sap.com/test2. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application sap.com/test2. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine? (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

So what i can do to make this work, Do the webdynpro component name , views name should be renamed , will there be any conflict as the webdynpro component and packages names are same for LocalDevelopmenttest2sap.com and NDI_TestTrack_Dlocaltest~sap.com.

Please give your suggestion how to retreive this DC from filesystem properly and make it deployable and working.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

did you manage to solve the problem? if yes, how?

Regards,

Joaquin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at the following thread.

I hope this might help you!

Regards,

PG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a new DC, copy the src folder from working dc and paste in the new dc, then rename the packages of all thecomponents in the dc.this will do.

Thanks,

pkv