cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP: call failed: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I was facing timed out system error in RWB (meesage monitoring) with the asychronous interface which involues with proxy to SOAP adapter , even though the data is getting updated in the receifver but still i get this Read timed out error in RWB.

please help me in solving this

thnks in advance....

mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mohan

This may be due to target system unavailability. Check with them If XI is not able to invoke the web service it will show time out.

If this is a consistent issue then change the time out with SMICM for the icm_port webservice is using

Check this also it may help

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mohan,

This type of error generally happens if the service is unavailable. Have you checked if you can invoke the webservice through SOAP UI?

Thanks

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant,

iwas able to invoke the webservice and even i was able to see the records updated in the target end still i was facing the timed out error(asynchoronus cal)

thnks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) what is the functionality of web service, is it sending back anything after updation?

as your scenario is asynch but if webservice standard functionality is sending back something than this may happen.

2) try it using XML spy it will give you clear picture weather problem at Web service side or some config is missing at SAP side.