Did you mean: 

shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one query-

what is the use of creating shipment

we have to create shipment document- before doing PGI

Cant we create Shipment doc after PGI?

bcoz here in my present proj- we cant create shipment doc ,until unless PGI is done.

am creating shipmetn doc's after PGI

I guess somewhere we have the option to control this- as shipment will create before PGI or after PGI?

plz confirm-

other inputs also welcome- from all SD members

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

1.what is the use of creating shipment

The shipping document is the central element of transportation planning and shipment completion. It contains all the information necessary for carrying out transportation.

When you create shipments, you can choose deliveries according to certain selection criteria and then assign them to the new shipment.

2.we have to create shipment document- before doing PGI

We can create shipment document before PGI or After PGI also.

But as per that standard process shipment document creation will takes place before PGI

When you are going to create shipment document after PGI you should change status C Completely processed in the field Total gds mvt stat. under Delivery status tab in the select outbound deliveries screen while selecting the deliveries from the shipment document screen.

3.bcoz here in my present proj- we cant create shipment doc ,until unless PGI is done.

am creating shipmetn doc's after PGI

I guess somewhere we have the option to control this- as shipment will create before PGI or after PGI?

As of now I don't find where restrict shipment will create before PGI or after PGI.

Please check your side is there any enhancement done in your case to create shipment after completion of PGI only.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Your major issue in the thread is:

Go to selection of deliveries, there You will find Delivery-Status wherein there would be PGI-Status.

By default it would be either "Blank" or "A", You need to change this to "C - Completely Processed".

Just try and Please update whether useful or not...

Now, other part of your query:

what is the use of creating shipment

For that refer (as, I think, people have already explained it and in a better manner):

[Shipment|]

[Shipment process|]

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

The aim of shipment is to complete the formalities involved in getting a shipment ready for dispatching to the customer. Tasks in shipment completion include weighing the shipments, loading, and posting goods issue. At check-in (when a truck arrives on the company’s premises) information about the means of transport such as driver details, the weight of the truck, and its arrival time can be recorded. You can store all this information in the shipment document and it is printed out on the transportation documents, for example, when the completion status is set. There are various reports available to assist you in choosing the shipments relevant for check-in and those relevant for shipment completion.

The PGI control can be configured in:

Transportation - shipment - Define & assign activity profile

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/28/53584348be11d385ed0000e81ddea0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Abhee.