cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI synchronization through a GPRS connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed Creme 3.27c and MI 7.0 SP13 on my PDA, during syncronization the GPRS connection doesn't start automatically, I just deployed the add-on TomcatAddon.zip without success, is that any way to force starting the GPRS connection?

Thanks in advance.

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

Pocket Internet Explorer initiates the GPRS connection if the connection is configured in the PDA. For this, please go and check under following location Start->Settings->Connections Check the default connection used to connect to the internet. This should be your GPRS connection.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

I already set the GPRS connection as default connection, but after few time the connection is lost and if I try to synchronize in MI home page, the synchronization fails.

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

Is the PDA cradled during this failed sync? If so, please note that when cradled, the PDA tries to connect through your internal network and hence the site available in internet may not be reachable.

My general understanding of the situation is that, fundamentally the synchronization generates an http request and this should in turn initiate the PIE to connect to the internet. Please also check whether there are device specific settings for your PDA regarding GPRS - for example disabling when idle or disabling when battery is less than 30% etc.

Check the client's trace file also.

Regards,

Veera

Answers (0)