SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload MR results which already billed from Legacy System to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We want to implement ISU-Water .

Before Implementing SAP, we want to Upload Last Year's MR results (From the Previous system..) ,to let SAP use these results as a basis for Estimation.

To have these Meter Readings in DB tables, I probably need to start scheduling 1 year before the actual start of Using SAP,then I will Create Meter Reading Orders and Upload the MR Results, but:

I don't want to Bill these MR results,because they already billed in legacy system.

How can I perform this ?

Thank you very much in advance,

Michael.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had such similar requirement where we needed to upload past meter reads for estimation. The used the following approach for both meters:

Interval Meters: We created a Historical Profile (apart from Forecast and Measured), attached this to the installation as load profiles and uploaded the meter reads to the profile. You can retrieve this data for estimation.

Basic Meters: We created an operand for installation facts and updated this with the meter read information. You can store the meter reads on a monthly basis.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

Binno Don Thomas

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had such similar requirement where we needed to upload past meter reads for estimation. The used the following approach for both meters:

Interval Meters: We created a Historical Profile (apart from Forecast and Measured), attached this to the installation as load profiles and uploaded the meter reads to the profile. You can retrieve this data for estimation.

Basic Meters: We created an operand for installation facts and updated this with the meter read information. You can store the meter reads on a monthly basis.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

Binno Don Thomas

0 Kudos

Hello Binno,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I'm not familiar with functionality of Historical Profile. Can you please explain how to do it via Customisation or TCODE ?

Thanks again,

Michael.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Historical Profiles is just a profile type used to store past meter data. But to maintain this historical data u need to attach the profile to the installation using load profiles. There is a button on the left top (called load profiles) where you can attach this historical profile to the installation to maintain the historical profile to the installation (similar to updating a operand in installation facts for basic meters)

Use the following path to define a new profile type:

SAP Utilities --> Energy Data Management --> Basic Settings --> Profile Type --> Define Profilet Types

Create a Historical profile in transaction EEDM06 with profile type historical. and upload the historical meter reads to this profile using a program.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you,

Binno Don Thomas

0 Kudos

Ok,Thank you for now.

I will check it tomorrow..

But, I got 2 questions :

1 ) Do you know if it match to ISU for Water ?

2 ) Load Profile - We need to Load this for every Installation?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Like i mentioned before, we had used this approach to update historical meter reads for estimation. I feel strongly that it should work for IS-U Water.

Well this load profile only works for Interval Meters, which i feel is less in number compared to basic meters. Load profiles is just to attach the historical profile to the installation. That is the only way as to how u can make the profile available for the installation.

Thank you,

Binno Don Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Binno,

Thank you for you information.

I think for my case,better to upload MR results from previus year as "09" Reading Reason.

It mean that these readings will be writed in SAP but will not Billed,as I need..

I think that this is better solution.

Anyway, Thank you very much for your answer!

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the points. Hope the information would help you some time later.

Thank you,

Binno Don Thomas