SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-OIL formula pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am working in IS-OIL formula pricing. when we calculate, provisional calculation rule, we have different option(Routines) available. my requirement is when even quotation price not available for particular date in table OCIQP,

that time, system need to pick previous working day quotation price and current date exchange rate.

now in the business

As per routine 1 in Daily Currency Rule, if the OICQP table is not updated, then it picks the last value and the exchange rate on that same day.

Our new requirement is quotation price is from previous working day and exchange rate is current date.

Please any one tell me which routine is suitable for this business condition.

kathir.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathi Ravan,

The correct factory calendar is used to specify the days on which the quotations prices are published, and Quotations values can be maintained using O5F3 transaction or by automatic interface

Industry Solution Oil & Gas (Downstream) MAP (Marketing, Accounting and Pricing)  Formula & Average Pricing  Maintain formula & average pricing user exits

Use Routine 908 u2013 REF-1 Last known quotation, Txn code : OICQS

Routine should return as G_OFFSET_DATE the day of last known quotation preceding G_REF_DATE.

1.Find previous day based on calendar

2.If that day is not marked as a weekend/holiday in quotation/exchange rate specific calendar, return it as G_OFFSET_DATE.

3.If that day is marked as weekend/holiday in quotation/exchange rate specific calendar, read previous day and repeat step 2.

Example : G_REF_DATE = 22.10.2008 (Mon), Exch date, G_OFFSET_DATE = 19.12.2008 (Fri) Qtn date.

Hope this may help...

Best Regards

Satish

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathi Ravan,

The correct factory calendar is used to specify the days on which the quotations prices are published, and Quotations values can be maintained using O5F3 transaction or by automatic interface

Industry Solution Oil & Gas (Downstream) MAP (Marketing, Accounting and Pricing)  Formula & Average Pricing  Maintain formula & average pricing user exits

Use Routine 908 u2013 REF-1 Last known quotation, Txn code : OICQS

Routine should return as G_OFFSET_DATE the day of last known quotation preceding G_REF_DATE.

1.Find previous day based on calendar

2.If that day is not marked as a weekend/holiday in quotation/exchange rate specific calendar, return it as G_OFFSET_DATE.

3.If that day is marked as weekend/holiday in quotation/exchange rate specific calendar, read previous day and repeat step 2.

Example : G_REF_DATE = 22.10.2008 (Mon), Exch date, G_OFFSET_DATE = 19.12.2008 (Fri) Qtn date.

Hope this may help...

Best Regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi satish,

Thank you for the replay,

But my requirement is like this.

DATE PLATTS EXCHANGE RATE

01/12/2008 222 1.2

02/12/2008 444 1.3

03/12/2008 1.5

04/12/2008 555 1.8

05/12/2008 456 1.7

06/12/2008 1.5

07/12/2008 678 1.3

In above diagram, I want to explain the logic . Whenever, there is no Platts, say 03/12/2008, exchange should be 1.5.

Since on 01/12/2008 and on 02/12/2008, plats and exchange rates both are available, they should be picked, i.e data picked for pricing should be 444, 1.3 for 02/12 and 222,1.2 for 01/12.

Should be ( I want like this )

222,1,2 01/12

444,1.3 02/12

444,1.5 03/12

555,1.8 04/12

456,1.7 05/12

456,1.5 06/12

678,1.3 07/12

Right now the routine 1 in Daily Currency Rule is putting previous exchange rate and previous plats price .

Routine 1 is picking data ( I dont want like this )

222, 1.2 01/12

444, 1.3 02/12

444, 1.3 03/12

555,1.8 04/12

456,1.7 05/12

456,1.7 06/12

678,1.3 07/12

Please guide me how can do this in formula pricing.

kathir.

0 Kudos

Hi Karthir,

The calculation rule to be such as way that it picks up the start date based on values, "Before" and "After" Peroid, as the reference offset day falls on the weekend or public holiday,

The averaging period has to be extended since that day has to be excluded from averaging period so that the currency date will pick current date when there is no platts.

BR

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thank you for your reply, because of different routine no available in (product Quotation Average period)

and (Exchange Rate Average period) in A -Term Provisional Calculation Rules , i am in confused state.

if it is possible please help me , what are routine numbers , i need to pass in this A-term provisional

calculation rule for my requirement.

kathir.

0 Kudos

Hi Kathir,

Formula pricing components is a set of ABAP routines dedicated to calculation of product price using IS-Oil formula. In order to calculate such price, system reads a set of price quotations and exchange rates in order to arrive the exact pricing.

As per you requirement, you have to write the logic to arrive the exact pricing so you can use the other way is to set a flexible average period, where the starting point is the reference date from the system (for example: goods issue date, pricing date, or delivery date).

The system then applies an offset to that reference date (for example: offset to the Monday of the previous week) which provides the event date (the offset reference date).

Hope this may help you.

BR

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u