cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No information in DB02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Solution Manager 7.0 on Solaris server. In DB02 i couldn't see any information about the database, like database overview, Tablespace overview etc.

Also i executed a report to delete the inconsistent TemSe objects which ended in a dump TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

No more storage space available for extending an internal table

You attempted to extend an internal table, but the required space wasnot available

Dump says that Extended memory is exhausted.

Kindly give me some suggestions to fix this issue

regards

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi naveen,

As suggested by markus, try to delete all entries from Sp01 TCode. If the inconsustencies still exist, you should login to the DB level and remove entries from <SAP SCHEMA>.TST01 table.

Also check whether MONI table is fine along with SAPOSCOL.

regards,

hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

I have tried to delete from SP01, but inconsistencies exists. Could you explain the step by step way to delete from the DB level.

regards

Naveen

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

after taking the backup of joblogs and freed the space, all background jobs are started running. SAP_COLLECTOR_PREFMONITOR is also running

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

First of all login to your database and execute:

select count(*) from <SAP Schema name><TST03>;

Now you will get the number of entries in the table. then use the delete command to delete the entries.

delete (*) from <SAP Schema name><TST03>;

Please note that deleted items cannot be retrieved (only if archiving has been setup).

regards,

hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

I found that, there are some 79000 entries in TST03 table. Deleting these entries, will it make any impact in any other places.

Kindly clarify

regards

Naveen

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will lose spools. if this is OK with you, then truncate table.

also, why is the topic named "No info in DB02" and we are now talking about SP01?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check SAP note 997535 - DB02: Problems with History Data.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am working on Solution Manager 7.0 on Solaris server. In DB02 i couldn't see any information about the database, like database overview, Tablespace overview etc.

DB02 has been integrated into DBACOCKPIT transaction. Depending on the support package level you need to apply additional notes - see

Note 1028624 - Overview of DBA Cockpit for Oracle

Note 1028068 - Required Oracle options for the DBA Cockpit

> Also i executed a report to delete the inconsistent TemSe objects which ended in a dump TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

> No more storage space available for extending an internal table

> You attempted to extend an internal table, but the required space wasnot available

Your parameter configuration seems to be too low for that task, especially

abap/heap_area_dia

abap/heap_area_nondia

abap/heap_area_total

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the instant reply, in DBACOCKPIT also, i couldnt find any information.

Also all Standard Background jobs including SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PREFMONTOR are getting canceled, in sm21 i am getting system error as TemSe input/output to unopened file

Is that background has to do anything with DB Space statistics data, if so please advice me how to make these jobs to run properly.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that your TEMSE is full/corrupt.

I suggest you delete first some spools manually using SP01 and then schedule the program RSPO1041 and delete all unnecessary spool files.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have deleted the spool requests in SP01, scheduled the program RSPO1041 but that job is also got failed.

1. Jobs are getting failed is it because of the inconsistent TemSe objects

Also in SP12 -- > consistency check, i able to see lot of JOBLGXXXX objects which have comments as Object reset Length = 0, i am getting around 214672 objects like that.

By deleting those will it help me in solving this error. Kindly advice

regards

Naveen

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

increase the parameter

abap/heap_area_nondia

abap/heap_area_total

to the double amount of the values they have now, then run the TemSe consistency check again in background.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

As you suggested i have doubled those profile parameters and started the report RSTS0020 in background for consistency check.

But this job is also got canceled. Could you please suggest me how to proceed in this case.

regards

Naveen

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you tried the SAP note I provided? This is very useful if your SYSTEM does not have a lot of RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ernic,

Thanks for your support, the issue is with the TemSe objects and the table TST01. There are lot of inconsistent objects in this table around 79,000.

Because of this all background jobs are getting canceled including SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR. Also if i schedule some jobs to reorganize this table those jobs are also getting failed.

I am looking for some other ways to fix this issue. Kindly advice

regards

Naveen