cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Performance in Printing smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

What is the difference between selecting the data in driver program and passing it to the smartform and Selecting the data in smartform(program lines) itself and printing it.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to u r 2nd query u have to give the i/p to form for that u need to to write select query in the driver program and fetch the data from DB after that u have to pass to from.

When comming to performance point it will depend on the u r select query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My question is not solved.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

once u select data in driver program u can use same driver program for multiple smartform thereby saving u from the effort of writing the code to select data in each smartform.

кu03B1ятu03B9к

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

My Requirement is in the Selection screen input i will give material document number and year as the input fileds.Material Document number as multiple option.

I have to select All the Details of Material Document i.e Header Details , item details of the Material document and Serial numbers of the corresponding item numbers.

In my program what i am doing is that i am passing all the material document numbers and year to the Smartforms. Then i select all the details in smartforms using program lines.

I would like to know whether my approach is right or not.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would say the approach is partially correct. First, retreive all the values you want to display in Smartform in the Print Program itself. Just pass the Final Internal tables to the Smartform generated FM and print them. If you can do the segregation of the details in the print program itself, then it is even better.

VIshwa.