cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determin one SO/DO is in Export process or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our requirement is to send the picking request IDOC to warehouse, if it is in case of export, then specific data will be sent in the picking request IDOC. So we need identify whether the processing order is in Export process or not?

As customer decide not to use an specific sales document type for Export order.

So we could do like this way:

Check the country of ship-to-party with the country of the delivering plant and then determine if it is exports or not.

And our abap team want me to provide the details logic on this in field level.

My questions:

Please tell me which field is the correct field for 'Delivering plant'...Is it the one located in Delivery order-item level or others??? Or even the deliverying plant in material master data??

Then i check the plant master data table for picking up the country key.

Could you please help me by providing some inputs, thanks.

Would be great if you also could provide some table fields..for example: table name of plant master/table name of customer master data..etc

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The delivering plant can be found in the Sales Order --> Item data .

The system validates the country of the delivering plant and the Ship-to-party country to determine whether it is a export order or not.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Thanks for the reply.

So whether you mean the VBAP-WERKS suppose the field for item delivering plant?

But do you know which table field is for Country Key of the plant??

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

while creating the sales order the system will not take the plant from VBAK - WERKS, one the order is saved the details will be stored in VBAK.

As you know the plant will be proposed in a slaes order in the following order:

1) Customer Material Infor Record KNMT - WERKS

2) Customer Master KNVV - VWERK

3) Material Master - MARC - WERKS

The county of the plant can be found from table T001W.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prase,

According to your experience, if we want to identify an order whehter it is Export or not, as I should check the ship-to party and delivering plant from delivery order or sales order ???

My scenario is to send picking request IDOC to warehouse upon delivery creation , and in IDOC filling FM, we need the logic to determine the export process then decide corresponding segments being filled.

But i dont know in above case, whether i need check those plant from sales order level or delivery order level??

For example:

For checking delivering plant code, then i need check from VBAP-WERKS(Sales order lvl) or LIPS-WERKS(Delivery level)??

Then i will check the country key accordingly from T001w and KNA1.

Thanks.

Edited by: Hoo Laa on Dec 23, 2008 12:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe the system identify the export process in the order itself. In our case, if the Delivering plant country and Ship-to country are different and the material master export setup is not done, the system throws error.

But in your case the picking request has to be generated to Warehouse, so it could be from the delivery. Talk to your ABAP expert, he may be able to guide you technically.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Prase.

Now i understood that i should check from delivery level.

Actually on the contrary, our abap experts are looking help from me as an function consultant to provide every field detail with logic to him. So that he could code that in the program.....

... ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As functional consultants, our knowledge in technical (code) may not be very sound (there are exceptions). Sit with your ABAP expert and help him in identifying the issue. Create test data and provide him step to step assistance, then he will defenitely resolve your issue.

Prase

Answers (0)